train-stop id and train targets a train-stop by id

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

rldml
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

train-stop id and train targets a train-stop by id

Post by rldml »

Hello @all,

i've searched in the existing mods, but i didn't find any appropiate.

I want to have two things additionally to the existing train and train-stop-logics:

The train-stop need a way to send a defined signal of it's own id to the circuit network, similar to the train id it can read and send to network (e.g. "Send your ID to network, use signal 'S'")

Additionally, trains need a option to drive to a station it get signalized via train-stop ("e.g. next Station: Read Signal 'S' from actual train-stop and drive to train-stop with corresponding id").

There are some mods that do similar things, but are way to complicated, because they do much more things than i really need, e.g. refuel logic, or stacking logic (That's things i wanna make by myself with the combinator logics the vanilla game offers).

I just need the possibility to make trains more dynamic.

Alternativly: who can show me, how to extend the vanilla game only for this two features with help of a mod? I've read some tutorials, but all of them just adds some new entities, none of them manipulate existing ones without adding new entities. Additionally i didn't found any tutorials about adding the necessary UI-improvements (Add a check-box for sending trainstop-signal, add the option for the train to find it's next target through a circuit-signal) and how to use the circuit network properly.

Thx for any help.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: train-stop id and train targets a train-stop by id

Post by Tekky »

Yes, I agree that instead of only being able to set static orders for trains, it should also be possible to set dynamic orders using the circuit network.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”