Inverted output for Combinators

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DrConsole
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Inverted output for Combinators

Post by DrConsole »

TL;DR
I think it would be a good idea to have inverted outputs as option for combinators

What ?
My idea is to implement a new research step for circuit networks which provides the option to select inverted output for combinators.
For example if you provide A > B as input condition you have the option to select if the chosen output channel should be either 1 or the input level.
My idea is that after researching Circuit Network Mk2 you can also choose to give out 1 on the selected channel if the condition isn't met, and 0 if the condition is met.

Why ?
This could give more options in building circuit logic in areas where there isn't that much free space.
So you can get rid of extra arithmetic / decider combinators to invert your signal.
It could be seen as next step in the evolution of the automation of your factory.

Cribbit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Inverted output for Combinators

Post by Cribbit »

This can be done using existing circuit network stuff, as you've noticed.

The devs have stated that they do not see the need to add things that are easily accomplished through other methods.

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JohnyDL »

Yup or -1 or.... all doable with arithmetic combinators next to your decider ones, might take extra steps but it's the price you pay

The Eriksonn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by The Eriksonn »

or you can set it to output input Count of red and have -1 red from constant into it

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”