Please create an OPTION (off by default) that will allow trees to be blueprinted

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

seanbrockest
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Please create an OPTION (off by default) that will allow trees to be blueprinted

Post by seanbrockest »

TL;DR
Trees need to be (optionally) allowed to take their place in a blueprint.
What ?
Currently when you drag a selection box around something, trees are ommitted, since in the base game trees are not options which can be placed back down. Mods change this, allowing trees to be placed.

Not all players will want this, so it needs to be disabled by default. I would suggest employing the shift key, similar to the way it is used for placing blueprints in areas with trees or other obstructions.

I lack the photoshop skills to show you what this would look like, but imagine it this way. When you drag a selection box around an area, only buildings are hi-lighted. Pressing (or releasing) shift will also add (or remove) the selection boxes around trees, which will toggle their inclusion in the blueprint.
Why ?
Factorio is a game where the player decides how he plays. Some players like to place trees. This option will allow us to do it easier in the late game.

Thank You!

(for note, in my current game I have torn down over 10,000 trees, but I have placed over 36,000 trees. I have placed each one by hand, since my drones cannot do it for me)

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Please create an OPTION (off by default) that will allow trees to be blueprinted

Post by JohnyDL »

In vanilla you can't place trees, nor grow them you need to ask the mod maker to do something to make blueprinting trees possible rather than asking the Devs

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Please create an OPTION (off by default) that will allow trees to be blueprinted

Post by Jap2.0 »

I think that it waould make no sense to add this in the base game (unless we get an option to plant trees) but I would agree to it beeing something mods could enable.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”