Disabling of Train Stations

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Telarin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Disabling of Train Stations

Post by Telarin »

It has been a couple versions since I played much Factorio, so decided to start a new game and check out the new features. One that I really liked the idea of was being able to set train stations up to be automatically disabled. This means less babysitting of mines, as I can simply set them to disable when there is nothing to haul so my trains will automatically head to my other mines further out. The problem I have found though, is that if a train is bound for a specific station, and that station is disabled, the train simply starts saying "No Route" if it can't immediately route to a different station of the same name. I would suggest a small change in the routing logic: If a train is bound for a specific station, and that station is automatically disabled which the train is traveling, the train will go ahead and proceed to that station as if it was active. Trains will only avoid the station if it is disabled at the time the train selects its destination. This should solve the problem of stuck trains mid-route.

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Disabling of Train Stations

Post by JohnyDL »

Your no route is because your system doesn't provide turnaround points this is common on double headed train systems since roundabouts are bad rail junctions in general.

On single headers even if a train is in a car park for a station you can provide a single bypass track that allows trains destined for a closed station to find a new target. (Bonus this allows a building train to depart without passing through a station)

Even on single headed systems it's good practice to put full loops at the terminal ends of tracks rather than S bends which the player can use but the automated train network can't

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”