Make preset colors for trains

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

TaoGaming
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Make preset colors for trains

Post by TaoGaming »

TL;DR
Please add a few preset colors to trains, ideally at least the base colors (iron, copper, oil, uranium, stone, coal, steel?, maybe advanced petrochems)

What ?
In addition to having RGB sliders, add a few preset buttons that automatically set the RGB values to some colors. Ideally, all the base colors of the game, but if you want to add a broader palate go wild! (Additionally suggestion, have a "copy to all other connected locomotives" checkbox.
Why ?
Like many people, I don't have a good grasp of exactly which numbers correspond to which color. Even if I did, RGB sliders are somewhat finicky input selections. This is a pure quality of life improvement, but should be easy to implement.

AntiBlueQuirk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Make preset colors for trains

Post by AntiBlueQuirk »

Another way to do this would be to have a slot in the color picker where you could place/pick an item. The picker would then get a color representing that item by just averaging the colors in it's icon.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

Having a color picker would be neat. Just extend the window a bit and put it near RGB sliders.
Mods are good but many people
1) avoid mods
2) want to make a custom color for a train despite of its contents

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JohnyDL »

Also my perfect blue for iron might not be the same as yours, if the 'presets' were more like custom saved colours that'd be cool, kind of like how some paint programs will save 10-12 of your last used colours to reuse.

Yokmp
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Yokmp »

JohnyDL wrote:Also my perfect blue for iron might not be the same as yours, if the 'presets' were more like custom saved colours that'd be cool, kind of like how some paint programs will save 10-12 of your last used colours to reuse.
+1

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”