More Command Freedom

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

NamelessMurder
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

More Command Freedom

Post by NamelessMurder »

It always struck me as weird as why making the game harder in the middle of playing it still disabled achievements. I've spent 60+ hours on a world, and I've lined my wall with double laser turrets, double walled, made sure all my train stops were guarded, and poured in effort to secure my factory. Then I find out my world is on peaceful. I haven't yet gotten all the achievements, like to produce 5k processing units an hour, but I want a hostile world, so I'd be hoping that I could request a change here. So essentially I have a guarded base, and biters won't even attack. I want to use LUA commands to change it, but that will disable my achievement progression.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: More Command Freedom

Post by Koub »

1) build the ultimate factory on peaceful, with full defense, a ton of dps upgrades from infinite research
2) Switch on "non peaceful" by console command
3) earn mass achievements while nothing can be of any threat
Achievements the easy way :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BenSeidel »

Koub wrote:Achievements the easy way :)
load up a friends map.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

/c let's you run any command you want in a touring complete language. It's impossible to judge a command for its "difficulty factor". And as Koub already said. Your example is actually making things easier :P

That aside if mods are on the table there are several (i think "Change Map Settings" was one of them) that allow you to toggle peaceful mode.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Put your command in a script file with a unique name.
Drop it in the base's migration subfolder.
next time you load, the command will be executed, but since it's a migration, it will be treat like you updated the game and bypass the command given override.
then when you're done delete the migration script.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

eradicator wrote:/c let's you run any command you want in a touring complete language. It's impossible to judge a command for its "difficulty factor". And as Koub already said. Your example is actually making things easier :P

That aside if mods are on the table there are several (i think "Change Map Settings" was one of them) that allow you to toggle peaceful mode.
bobingabout wrote:Put your command in a script file with a unique name.
Drop it in the base's migration subfolder.
next time you load, the command will be executed, but since it's a migration, it will be treat like you updated the game and bypass the command given override.
then when you're done delete the migration script.
The fact that anybody with a little knowledge can do either of these things outside of the easier-to-access command interface, is just an argument for allowing it in that interface.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

5thHorseman wrote:The fact that anybody with a little knowledge can do either of these things outside of the easier-to-access command interface, is just an argument for allowing it in that interface.
"The fact that anybody with a little knowledge can open your dirt-cheap door lock without the easier-to-access key, is just an argument to leave the door wide open in the first place."
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

eradicator wrote:
5thHorseman wrote:The fact that anybody with a little knowledge can do either of these things outside of the easier-to-access command interface, is just an argument for allowing it in that interface.
"The fact that anybody with a little knowledge can open your dirt-cheap door lock without the easier-to-access key, is just an argument to leave the door wide open in the first place."
This is implying that the developers don't want modded games to get achievements. I was under the impression that they did.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

5thHorseman wrote: This is implying that the developers don't want modded games to get achievements. I was under the impression that they did.
No. It does not. And infact modded games do not get the same achivements that unmodded games do.

usafphoenix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by usafphoenix »

that's not entirely true. modded games do have the same achievements as vanilla (same list as available achievements that is), just....any you get are just listed as achievements gotten with a non-vanilla game. (ie: you got the achievement, but it was on a modded map.)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”