Add directional lights (static and/or dynamic)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Escadin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Add directional lights (static and/or dynamic)

Post by Escadin »

I really love the day-night cycle in this game but without proper lighting options it is just wasted. I remember, way back in the ealiest versions of this game there was a mod which added directional lights (similar to car lights) and spot lamps which allowed you to illuminate over greater distances but not in all directions. Is there any such mod nowadays that I just can't seem to find?
Is there any intention by the devs to add more lamps variants?

I think it would be really awesome if we had a spot lamp able to "lock" onto a biter like regular turrets illuminating them as they stalk through the woods in pitch black night. At the same time, I don't want to install one of those "increase all light radius by 1 gazillion" mods which bathe your factory in perma-noon with just 2 light bulbs, effectively removing the day-night cycle from the game.
"--? How are commands compounded in a compounded compound command commanding compound composts." -defines.lua

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Small hope

Post by mrvn »

Please post this in Ideas and suggestions using the template from there. A spotlight that helps turrets aim in the dark would be nice.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Small hope

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Topic moved to Ideas and suggestions. Subject changed to tell what's the topic about
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”