Car/Tank/Vehicle Auto-Logistics

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

JCav
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Car/Tank/Vehicle Auto-Logistics

Post by JCav »

It would be nice if tanks/cars and other vehicles could automatically request items from the logistic networks to facilitate refueling, re-arming, and other needs.

Perhaps link that technology with the player logistic tech?

Thank you.

ItsDarthChaos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Car/Tank/Vehicle Auto-Logistics

Post by ItsDarthChaos »

Honestly, bots will automatically repair when you come within range of a logistics network, or even in the field when you have a personal roboport. The guns will automatically pull from your inventory when the stack empties, so if you requested the ammo in your logistics before you head out, then you won't have to worry about re-arming. The only real issue is that there is no easy way to refuel that I am aware of.

JCav
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by JCav »

I did not know that it pulled ammo directly from my inventory if needed. I've always loaded up enough by hand that it pulled from its own.

That still leaves the problem of loading everything else you desire into the vehicle. Whether that's railroad tracks, signals, iron, assemblers, walls, etc. It also means that you have to manually carry extra ammo for the vehicle instead of using the 40-50? inventory spots they come with on their own.

Shouldn't be that difficult to make it either have logistic request slots like the player, or make it capable of behaving like a requester chest to solve all these issues.

ItsDarthChaos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ItsDarthChaos »

A station where you could leave a vehicle docked would be a nice way to include this stuff. Technically, you could currently pull up to an inserted that pulls from a requester chest and have it load the desired cargo into your tank, but A, there would be no way to tell the system when to stop loading, and B, it's a bit of a hassle to try to park close enough for the inserted to function without running it over.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”