Fly permanent to a new planet

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Sonik-HSC
Inserter
Inserter

Fly permanent to a new planet

Post by Sonik-HSC »

when we send a rocket to space with a satélite . he have a alternative way to put a space capsole for he go to a new planet ( dont need to be a new planet but a new generated map ) and he go permanent to other planet and only keep every tecnology we have conquered to start a new base and we only can take a few itens and everyting we have will be lost!!! Because in the game there is no way to start a new base whit every technology... And add more archivements...

Keep nice work... :D

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Fly permanent to a new planet

Post by Hannu »

Sonik-HSC wrote:Because in the game there is no way to start a new base whit every technology.
You can get technology by using commands or just abandon old Base and move to a new place. I build typically first starter base up to logistic bots and begin then a new base nearby. I utilize old base to build everything needed for the new base but you can just abandon it completely. Even clear every entities by commands if you do not want to leave museum base.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Hannu wrote:or just abandon old Base and move to a new place
This possibility will increase the difficulty of the game significantly, because, the further you move away from the starting point, the stronger the enemies will be (higher chance for spawn of tougher enemies). See this wiki section for further information on "spawn_shift".

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

If you already have some military technologies researched, it shouldn't be too bad.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

You could possibly do it with a mod.

Just... some sort of event that moves the player to a new surface.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

bobingabout wrote:You could possibly do it with a mod.
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Bilka/NewGamePlus and viewtopic.php?f=92&t=52712 :D
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

Tekky wrote:This possibility will increase the difficulty of the game significantly, because, the further you move away from the starting point, the stronger the enemies will be (higher chance for spawn of tougher enemies). See this wiki section for further information on "spawn_shift".
Yes, maybe it is problem if you do not take anything with you, and it needs some adjustments. Or you can decide to take power armor 2 with full equipment and hundred nuclear bombs. But what is the point of new beginning at the same level of difficulty? Why not just start a new game?

Sonik-HSC
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sonik-HSC »

Hannu wrote:
Tekky wrote:This possibility will increase the difficulty of the game significantly, because, the further you move away from the starting point, the stronger the enemies will be (higher chance for spawn of tougher enemies). See this wiki section for further information on "spawn_shift".
Yes, maybe it is problem if you do not take anything with you, and it needs some adjustments. Or you can decide to take power armor 2 with full equipment and hundred nuclear bombs. But what is the point of new beginning at the same level of difficulty? Why not just start a new game?
- I hate modes because the at long term make you game buguied.....
- using Comand list they stop the archievements, and destroy all factori will not be helpfull because we have depleatd some resorces arrownd and will be much hard restart
-When fly to another planet, i meen is kind a new game with the same start initial dificultie but with all research that we made in back planet and can have new archievements to unlock
- with your and you can start a game... First make stone furnances then take some steel from ground with your hands and they go futher ;-)
- We can take with us only few itens at our choise ...( for example a boock print and hamer and few steel furnances )
-when we reach on new planet we will have arround ressorces full and not the archievement blocked and all research wath we have make hearly.... and everithing without CHEATING... :mrgreen:

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JohnyDL »

Maybe suggest a stargate mod

Mod adds indestructible artefact to world within 1000 tiles of spawn that requires some research to learn how to use and requires huge amount of power to operate

Each gate use gets you some gate science and you need that to learn about dialling (using circuit networks to set destination) before that there's a 75% chance of new surface and even distribution between returning to one of the other old surfaces.

You can only take with you what you can carry up to say 100 items if you have more the gate will fail to take you anywhere.

featherwinglove
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by featherwinglove »

I have a better idea. Under "New Game", simply add an option to inherit the technology from an existing game. Click on it, select the older game, and poof. Maybe grab an old starship transit clip from Outpost so it makes sense.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

Sonik-HSC wrote: - I hate modes because the at long term make you game buguied.....
I understand. However there is no practical ways to avoid mods if you have specific opinions. There is tens of very different playstyles and such a massive change would ruin many of them. For example I would like it very annoying to have artificial new start. I want to build on previous achievements and not have childish level system in this kind of a game.

It is actually very significant restriction in this phase of development process. I do not believe there are any more large changes in vanilla game mechanics. Some little things, much polishing work and 1.0 is ready.

Most of popular mods are from high to excellent quality. I have never had significant problems. I think you should try mods if you want to bigger changes in the game. Just do not update mods during one game.
...and everithing without CHEATING... :mrgreen:
In my opinion that is wrong way of thinking. Computer games are entertaining and everyone should adjust and mod them to fit for their own play style without thinking it is cheating. You can cheat only if you join to some server which have some rules set by server owner and break them.

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JohnyDL »

Hannu wrote:
Sonik-HSC wrote:...and everithing without CHEATING... :mrgreen:
In my opinion that is wrong way of thinking. Computer games are entertaining and everyone should adjust and mod them to fit for their own play style without thinking it is cheating. You can cheat only if you join to some server which have some rules set by server owner and break them.
Just Stop Buying Games, games are boring, buy toys and make up your own rules on how to play with them. In the days before computers you'd buy a ball and there were a hundred games you could play with the same object, now you have to buy a ball for a specific game, you can't kick a basket ball or bounce a soccer ball cause they're games and you get ridiculed for it, it's kind of been this way since computer games started being main stream, we've got to the point where the best computer games have one way to drag you into playing and modding communities who embrace the toys idea, there is no wrong way to play ;) embrace it :D As for cheating only being on servers, that's more like getting together with your mates for a game, to join you agree to the group rules on what the game is if you disagree find a different game with different friends ^_^

Sonik-HSC
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sonik-HSC »

JohnyDL wrote:
Hannu wrote:
Sonik-HSC wrote:...and everithing without CHEATING... :mrgreen:
Just Stop Buying Games, games are boring, buy toys and make up your own rules on how to play with them. In the days before computers you'd buy a ball and there were a hundred games you could play with the same object, now you have to buy a ball for a specific game, you can't kick a basket ball or bounce a soccer ball cause they're games and you get ridiculed for it, it's kind of been this way since computer games started being main stream, we've got to the point where the best computer games have one way to drag you into playing and modding communities who embrace the toys idea, there is no wrong way to play ;) embrace it :D As for cheating only being on servers, that's more like getting together with your mates for a game, to join you agree to the group rules on what the game is if you disagree find a different game with different friends ^_^
Im not disagree with the cheating... You are so wrong wath im thinking :mrgreen:
You bought the game you can do with him wath you want, like me and every players... :D every one enjoy the game at his way.
But if I make a big archievements without cheating i became pround wath iv done and dont get bored because im strugling with game to beat im....
Waht i have done in this topic is just un sugestion, not agaist cheats.... :mrgreen:

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JohnyDL »

hehe I know what you mean ^_^

I'm still thinking the idea of a Stargate mod would be kind of a cool solution to your problem though ... I'm wondering if MagmaMcFry would be interested in adapting his factorissimo mod to this ^_^

you get to move to a new surface when your old one is getting to the end of its life span you get to take some tech with of your choice you but only a limited amount of items it adds a longer term element to the came in effect to gain control over the Stargate you might need to build 10 or 20 bases and I think it'd be a cool way of seeing how you develop as a player, initially you're doing some things on your own, then you use community shared blueprints eventually you find your own efficient methods and just by teleporting between the surfaces on the same save you can see all of that.

Sonik-HSC
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sonik-HSC »

JohnyDL wrote:hehe I know what you mean ^_^

I'm still thinking the idea of a Stargate mod would be kind of a cool solution to your problem though ... I'm wondering if MagmaMcFry would be interested in adapting his factorissimo mod to this ^_^

you get to move to a new surface when your old one is getting to the end of its life span you get to take some tech with of your choice you but only a limited amount of items it adds a longer term element to the came in effect to gain control over the Stargate you might need to build 10 or 20 bases and I think it'd be a cool way of seeing how you develop as a player, initially you're doing some things on your own, then you use community shared blueprints eventually you find your own efficient methods and just by teleporting between the surfaces on the same save you can see all of that.
Traveling between bases might be a bit heavy for the game and computer, Because the CPU will be processing more data about last bases....
And about blueprints yes it will be very nice because of comunity share their esquematics. Imagine fresh new planet and every thing unlocked by your hard work and we can make a huge remodelation and more eficient base and keep evolving .... :mrgreen: This is only what im thinking..... :D I will use an old saying " Only the sky is the limit " :mrgreen:

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”