Ability to edit scenario or map conditions

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Omarflyjoemacky
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Ability to edit scenario or map conditions

Post by Omarflyjoemacky »

Hey Devs!

I am finding that after I create a map and play it through, I move on to other maps and/or scenarios. But if after a few months if go back to a map that I created, I can't remember what the map conditions are. Pollution on/off? Biter expansion? Railway or deathworld?

So my suggestion is this - in the map editor, the ability to load a map or scenario and change/view the conditions. I have read in a few other posts/reddits that this may not be possible once the map is generated. Even a few things are available by command line once in game (enable biter expansion, biter peaceful mode...), but turning off pollution isn't one of them.

I've made some great maps in the past that I want to play again, but editing the conditions isn't currently available. Even if in the map editor it showed what conditions were originally selected would be a benefit.
"And then Bender ran."

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Ability to edit scenario or map conditions

Post by impetus maximus »

i support this idea.
was going to syggest using map exchange string to find the settings, but checking i see exchange strings are not supported in scenarios.

Omarflyjoemacky
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Ability to edit scenario or map conditions

Post by Omarflyjoemacky »

I would imagine it might be something really simple to implement. When you save a game, it gives you info like map saves, mods, version, etc. If it showed here some simple map statistics - well that would be just lovely.
"And then Bender ran."

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”