Graph Accumulator charge

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

nljr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Graph Accumulator charge

Post by nljr »

TL;DR
In the graph for power production, it would help to see how accumulator charge changes over time.
What ?
Add a checkbox to the electric grid window for accumulator charge. If it's checked, add accumulator charge to the graphed production.
Why ?
This would make it easier to manage solar installations. The formula for accumulator and solar cell ratios is nifty and all, but it only accounts for steady demand. With laser turrets and/or an expanding base, it becomes much harder to tell how your solar system should be balanced.

This problem always shows up at night, when the accumulators are all empty. At that point, the accumulators could either be empty because there aren't enough of them, or they could be empty because they never got charged. There is no obvious indicator if you're short of solar or short of accumulators. If I had a graph that showed the accumulator going to only 80% during the day, I'd know I'm short of generators. On the other hand, if the graph showed the accumulator charge hitting 100% and staying there for half the day, I'd know I need more accumulators.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”