Electronics

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

xenon54xenon54
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Electronics

Post by xenon54xenon54 »

How does an electronic circuit flow directionally on an iron plate with some copper wire strewn across its surface?? Iron is a conductive metal!
How does an advanced circuit work with two 'electronic circuits' and some plastic? Is the plastic supposed to insulate the circuits from each other? Is it supposed to make transistors? Transistors need semiconductors like silicon and germanium to work.
How does a processor work with 'more electronic circuits' and sulfuric acid?

Seriously, the electronics system (at least the green circuits) needs to be fixed for realism. Using a circuit board that doesn't conduct electricity is a good starting point.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Electronics

Post by Arch666Angel »

I will tell you the secret after I placed the few hundred ton train I crafted in my pocket and jumped in the way too small model to be realistic...

xenon54xenon54
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xenon54xenon54 »

Good point.

driver
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by driver »

Mining drills or even inserters could have (electric) engine units.
More realism in recipes would be easier to remember in my opinion, but would change research.

Patashu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Patashu »

Vanilla Factorio isn't going to change the iron/copper paradigm at this point.

If you want realism, try bobs, bobs/angels or even bobs/angels/AAI.
There's also another mod that makes conveyor belts use rubber instead of iron, but I forget what it's called.

[DegC]RubenGass
Inserter
Inserter

Post by [DegC]RubenGass »

It's a game, if you want full realism, you will need to add nearly all elements that exist with extensive refining processes with risks and waste materials and realistic logistics and realistic graphics and realistic sizes and realistic walking speeds and realistic ore densities and realistic frequencies and realistic mining processes and to be honest, this doesn't sound like it would be fun.

Sums it up pretty well
Arch666Angel wrote:I will tell you the secret after I placed the few hundred ton train I crafted in my pocket and jumped in the way too small model to be realistic...

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Best realistic simulation ever is IRL. And IRL is not meant to be fun. That's why we play games :).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”