Electrified concrete

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Germara
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Electrified concrete

Post by Germara »

The electricity masts cost a lot of space, why should not the electricity come from the ground?

I would like to craft electrified concrete to suply my factory :D

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Electrified concrete

Post by d3x0r »

bio industries has tilable solar panels. they carry electricity and increase walking speed.

JimBarracus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JimBarracus »

Technically a cable has to run down from the pole to the ground in order to connect to the entities.
Else you would have wifi electricity.

Thinking about it different coverage Areas don't make sense since you run an Underground cable from the pole to the building. The length shouldn't be that limited.
Substations are the closests you can get.

The electric System isnt very realistic since you can run a nuclear power plant over one line of copper cable hanging from a wooden pole.

I think the electric System is good the way it is.
Some more info on accu usage per day would be nice but the Distribution is fine.

Edit: Electrified ground plates which cause damage would be nice.
Or an electrified wall, which deals damage or has a Chance to stun a biter attacking the wall.

Omarflyjoemacky
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Omarflyjoemacky »

This has been a request for a long, long time. I'm all for it. The "wire" to the entity makes no sense, as it isn't that way now.

I play mostly solo, so for me I went into the entities.lua, created a backup and then adjusted the original. I changed the range on the substation - made it 100 range, 110 on the wire reach. I can create beautiful factories, no power poles scattered everywhere and gameplay hasn't been affected.
"And then Bender ran."

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Think of it this way: The power poles carry a high voltage current for long distance transmission. The thick power cables between the poles is what you see. Each pole then has a little transformer to get the voltage down to usable levels and distributes that to nearby entities. The wires are either underground or too thin to see. The transformers differ per pole with the substation having the biggest one, able to handle the most users.

nielskool
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nielskool »

mrvn wrote:Think of it this way: The power poles carry a high voltage current for long distance transmission. The thick power cables between the poles is what you see. Each pole then has a little transformer to get the voltage down to usable levels and distributes that to nearby entities. The wires are either underground or too thin to see. The transformers differ per pole with the substation having the biggest one, able to handle the most users.
As an electrical engineer, I love it! As regular player I think this will make the basic functionality of power distribution too hard for the regular players(when they just start playing the game).

I however do like to see some power losses. Less power losses from big poles, max power throughput.
This game rocks! First game I bought in 10 years or so.
Always try games first through torrents.... but this game is one of the first i deemed worthy to buy!

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

That wasn't a suggestion for change. Just an explanation to make sense of how power poles work now.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”