Marking blueprints as "keep train stop names"

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

gHoST INFERNO
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Marking blueprints as "keep train stop names"

Post by gHoST INFERNO »

tl;dr - Allow configuring in a blueprint whether the train stop name should be copied as part of it or arbitrarily picked upon instantiation (as it currently works).

I sometimes create blueprints where I'd really like the name of the train stop to be part of the blueprint. As an example, in my map I have a "fuel requester station" (its actual name is "Fuel:Requester"), which works by enabling the train stop if more fuel is needed (to supply other nearby train stops). A special fuel train gets loaded up centrally at a single station called and has a simple schedule like this:
- Fuel:Supply (leave when inactive for 5s)
- Fuel:Requester (leave when inactive for 5s)

So the idea is simple: The train loads centrally, and if any Fuel:Requester station needs fuel (there are many of these), it activates itself and the train goes there, otherwise it just waits at the Fuel:Supply station. This is on purpose a very simple system to make it easy to use, and is based on the fact that the fuel consumption is so low that a single train can easily keep all these other stations stocked on fuel.

So of course I have a blueprint for the Fuel:Requester station, but I always have to manually set its name to Fuel:Requester when setting up a new one. It would be awesome if I could choose to make the train stop name part of the blueprint or not. Note that I would have other use-cases for this, but this is the simplest one.

Obviously not super important, merely a suggestion.

Thanks for an awesome game!

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Marking blueprints as "keep train stop names"

Post by d3x0r »

you know you can shift-copy train stop names? You know you can shift-right click on zoomed in map under radar coverage? There's no range limits.

gHoST INFERNO
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by gHoST INFERNO »

Yeah, but not quite as easy :-)

Factoruser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factoruser »

Unnecessary. It would result in that I'm making a blueprint of a station named "dummy". In nearly all cases I will still copy or enter the station's name manually. It won't harm though.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”