"replacer" robots

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

headblower47
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

"replacer" robots

Post by headblower47 »

My idea is something along the lines of a bot that will replace one object with another, such as yellow/red to red/blue transport belts etc, as on larger factories it is a hassle to replace all the belts, assembly machines, inserters etc on your own or using constructing robots to separately destroy and build new ones using blueprints. I currently have a large-ish factory and has about 500 belts on the main bus, not including the rest of my factory, this means its rather time consuming to replace them manually or babysit the construction bots so that my factory will still function.

Any feedback is welcome :D :D

P.s I'm aware there are probably 20 different mods that solve this solution already :lol: :lol:

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: "replacer" robots

Post by Koub »

I'd like to see this feature added to blueprinting. Like "select and replace with".
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Factoruser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: "replacer" robots

Post by Factoruser »

Blueprints and Shift-build should simply replace one object of one kind with another object of the same kind; maybe also downgrading (simple belt replacing fast belt). It should work in two steps; the first attempt replaces the object with the new type, keeping direction and other settings of the recent type, the second attempt changes the object's properties to that of the blueprint i.e. direction and so on to the properties of the blueprint.

I'd rather would distinguish between repair robots and construction robots. Repair robots would only repair damaged objects (and maybe refilling gun turrets), while construction robots also chop wood and try to place objects. This might be just specified in the roboport. It's a bit pesky that some roboport bots are always trying to assist your personal roboport bots... Then they start complaining that they don't have a storage or are missing material and the bots are hanging in the air stupidly.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”