Factorio Expansion Pack (Underwater)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DraconianEssence
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Factorio Expansion Pack (Underwater)

Post by DraconianEssence »

Sitting here in Factorio,thinking what else could be really cool in the game and then it clicked in my head! Oh my god , what if the makers of Factorio made an expansion pack to where you could go underwater.You have to get far enough into tech to achieve going "underwater". New places,new tech to unlock,new mobs,and new achievements to get.Not to mention the it would allow the modding community to expand the ideas as well.The way the could achieve the "depth" factor is my making little pockets in the sea (color cord.) that you click and then you get taken to the next "depth",or you can have Procedural Generation on darker or lighter colors in the sea.

Anyways what are you thoughts,ideas,comments???
~Drac~

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Factorio Expansion Pack (Underwater)

Post by Tekky »

Before even considering to add a feature to go underwater, it would be important to first add a feature to somehow be able to use the surface of the water. Right now, you can't even travel by boat on the surface of water.

If you are so fascinated by the idea of doing stuff underwater, you may want to try the game Subnautica. I haven't tried it myself, but according to the Steam ratings, it seems to be good.

DraconianEssence
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

I have tried subnartica,and yes it is a very good game, just kinda waiting (and hoping for multiplayer).I do agree however they should
implement boats and what not and then move on to "underwater".But like i said before it's just an idea.I really want to say it shouldnt be that hard to code in(the boat part ).Otherwise Thanks for replying, usally i dont get any response on forums which is why i hardly ever use them besides reading them.
~Drac~

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by d3x0r »

I saw this, and went looking for a mod... I didn't find underwater, I did find truly underground and in-sky... (no new resources, just new spaces)

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Erdbeerb ... ces_remake

wouldn't be horribly difficult to make a variation that is underwater.... (be a little different, would probably try to copy the tile shape of the water and make the edges auto transport to surface/underwater depending on direction...)

I didn't see this then... kinda neat...
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/CaveGrinder/Caves

DraconianEssence
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Thanks! that looks awesome! Going to have to do an review of this mod.Looks really neat and makes more realistic sense to me imo.Otherwise yeah,thanks for the link.
~Drac~

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”