Make killing biters useful again....biter farming!

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

CaptainAmaziiing
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Make killing biters useful again....biter farming!

Post by CaptainAmaziiing »

TL,DR: Biter hunting serves no purpose anymore. Lets give it some purpose again.

Since the last nerf, when biters stopped dropping requisite science dealies, there has been no reason to leave my walls. Haven't seen a bug in ages, cuz laser cannons. I'd like to toss in an idea to make bug killing useful again.

Biter farms.

What if the giant spitters had a rare drop- spitter and biter eggs. They become the primary ingredient in your new tech/ factory tree. Build your 'biter farm', stock it with x eggs (5? 500?) and you get a supply of small, (early evolution stages) tame biters and spitters. Place the stationary spitters as guard posts. Use the mobile biters and spitters like combat robots. Have 'biterhouses' where you can leave a pack of biters who guard or patrol an area.

The tech tree can be called 'biter biology' or something. It involves a series of factory/ farms where you have to grow the mushrooms and spawn the fish (yes a use for those fish! Might need a coastal factory that sends out fishing boats) that the biters eat, a biology lab where you research alien biology, foster their evolution, training areas to teach them how to guard/ fight etc, and nurseries to inspire them to lay yet more eggs.

At the biology lab you can nerf your bugs, trading attributes to build your perfect bug army. Need more range on your spitters? It'll take a few generations of breeding, and you lose some damage or hit points or something, but with sufficient biology research you can build a perfect biter. More advanced biters will need a complex chain of food, water, and proper conditions (too much pollution? Dead biters. No red mushrooms cuz your red mushroom farm ran out of raw wood? Too bad! No breeding. (and a use for all that wood) etc). Ran out of blue mushrooms because you didn't have enough fish fertilizer? Uh- oh. Your biters become feral!

etc etc.

Naturally once you have a massive bug army and a massive robot army it will be natural to make them fight to the death for your amusement.

Don't look at me like that. We show up their planet, nuke it, then leave. We are not the good guys here.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Make killing biters useful again....biter farming!

Post by Koub »

Honestly, I think having to fight the biters just for the land control, and because we piss them off with the pollution is enough reasons to fight them for me.
I don't want to have to farm them more than I must.

And I don't like biters dropping items, because sooner or later, either you'll drown in them, either you'll need to spend all your time running after biters for their precious loot (depending on your factory size).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”