Put water on the map

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

SlondoTK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Put water on the map

Post by SlondoTK »

TL;DR
The player can place landfill on water, and floors of stone and concrete ..
But as a means of protection or only by propriety, what if the player could also remove blocks from the floor? And leave at a lower level generating the block of water
What ?
Decrease the level of the ground to generate the block of water, it can not be collected and will always appear a level below the earth, it can also only be generated around surfaces that already have a slope, for example, the terrain can only Be demoted if any of the surrounding terrain is lowered. If the terrain is lowered and has buildings and the terrain is lowered, it will not affect the constructions or it will be impossible to demote the land so as not to destroy the factory spontaneously
Why ?
It could be a new form of defense, only the guspidores could attack from afar, the mordedores .. well, they would have to be killed by the leisure or ballistic towers
2017-08-09 (2).png
2017-08-09 (2).png (992.81 KiB) Viewed 12799 times

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Put water on the map

Post by d3x0r »

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

The idea behind not allowing this (as it has been suggested many, many times before) is that if you make a moat surrounding your base, it will be impenetrable. You won't even need to spend resources defending against spitters if you make a wide enough moat (and I'm not sure if the spitter AI would take advantage of it even if it could attack over a small moat).
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

As Jap2.0 says.
The devs have already stated there won't be any water-adding-land-removal possibility in vanilla just because it would be too OP and would wreck the game balance.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Vals Loeder
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vals Loeder »

Jap2.0 wrote:The idea behind not allowing this (as it has been suggested many, many times before) is that if you make a moat surrounding your base, it will be impenetrable. You won't even need to spend resources defending against spitters if you make a wide enough moat (and I'm not sure if the spitter AI would take advantage of it even if it could attack over a small moat).
Solution: amphibious biters :D

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

that's how you do a proper feature creep :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”