Suggest: advanced mining drills and changeable craft order

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Andrea88
Inserter
Inserter

Suggest: advanced mining drills and changeable craft order

Post by Andrea88 »

Hey guys! i was thinking about mining drills... So, why not to include the possibility to create an advanced mining drill (steam and/or electric)? For the second, more mining power (like 5) and more mining speed (like 1.25). What do you think?

The other idea is: could you make that the crafting order changeable? I explain: if i wanna craft an iron chest, a mining drill and a blue poison, for example, i simply click the items from the crafting and it's gone. Ok, i realize that the mining drill is a combustion drill and i want that one but electric. I can delete it and select the correct one but it will go to the end of the "crafting tail". As you know, the poison takes several time to be crafted; so, it will be very useful if we could have the possibility to change this order.
Hope you can understand my very complicate conversation :D

Tyvin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Suggest: advanced mining drills and changeable craft ord

Post by Tyvin »

I agree that some control over the ordering could be helpful.

Perhaps a simpler implementation is just something like shift-clicking on the item to build would put it at the front of the build queue, instead of at the end.
That way if you have 10 rockets in the queue or something and all you need is an inserter, you don't need to wait so long, nor cancel other production.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Something like that would be really useful.
(But should be posted in a separate thread)

I wonder how it would look like if the build queue was a stack instead. (LIFO, the orders are executed in the reverse order than executed)

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

I'm sure more advanced mining methods and power generation are coming eventually, until then you'll pretty much have to use mods (I'd highly suggest F-mod if you are capable of playing with it right now, othewise wait until the creator's computer is fixed and get it when it's working. I forsee it being aswesome).

As for the ordering, lets assume we are crafting a hundred rockets and we need an inserter
maybe there could simply be a 'pause' button on the rockets that we click on and the rockets will go to the end of the queue OR
maybe there could be a few 'priority' buttons on each item so when you started crafting it would be medium priority, and then if you needed it sooner or later you could change the priority higher or lower simply by clicking 1/2/3 on the item you wanted to change the priority of.

Of course both of these methods would need to modify the intermediate stages as well as keep them grouped together so once your priority crafting was done it didn't try to create things out of order :)
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

I wonder how would I be happy with it if the new items were inserted on the top of the queue instead of the bottom..
(a stack instead of a queue)

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

MF- wrote:I wonder how would I be happy with it if the new items were inserted on the top of the queue instead of the bottom..
(a stack instead of a queue)
hmm, i'm fairly sure i'd forget about it and right as something was about to finish being crafted i'd add a new item to the stack, which would (of course) erase the progress I'd made crafting the initial item. :)
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

That would be easy to remedy - just finish the current recipe and postpone the rest.
It would thus allow you to have more things in the "partially crafted" state and thus possibly induce in-code complication.

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

at the very least i'd like to makes something as a "idle build" so it's only being worked on when i have nothing else in the que

Andrea88
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Andrea88 »

Tyvin wrote:I agree that some control over the ordering could be helpful.

Perhaps a simpler implementation is just something like shift-clicking on the item to build would put it at the front of the build queue, instead of at the end.
That way if you have 10 rockets in the queue or something and all you need is an inserter, you don't need to wait so long, nor cancel other production.
in 0.2.10 shift clicking will craft all items of that type putting them at the end of the queue.. I have no other idea how to change queue order. I tried all keys but nothing.. :(

Mysteria9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mysteria9 »

Being able to simply drag the icon in the build queue would be neat.

Andrea88
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Andrea88 »

yeah, but when needs to delete? using "del" key? it could be so... :ugeek:

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”