Factorio Music Sountracks

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

m8cool
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Factorio Music Sountracks

Post by m8cool »

TL;DR
Usage of more atmospheric music tracks to enhance the experience of Factorio.

What ?
The current library of music soundtracks used in the game really makes my personal experience of Factorio a real cool one (sometimes there's ominous sounding ones that feel like there's trouble around, and sometimes it's adventurous while you're crafting and automating machines and materials). However after a while, it's met with silence for a good 10 minutes and then another track starts to play.

I think that the library is lacking in number or the delay between soundtracks may be too long, and would like to see an introduction of more soundtracks to the already impressive library.
Why ?
I feel like it adds another layer in enriching the Factorio player experience overall. The game as it is is rich in content and there's always something to do, and adding a soundtrack as you're exploring the world would in my opinion make it a whole lot richer.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Factorio Music Sountracks

Post by ssilk »

There are definitely coming about 15 minutes of new songs with next/final version.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

QGamer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by QGamer »

Yes! I turned up the volume on the music a little bit because it was really cool but I couldn't really hear it.

I think the reason I couldn't hear the music was that there's be a long period of time where the only sound was my assembly machines.

Music has the power to add SO MUCH to the atmosphere of the game. It's really cool music, but I want...more of it! My favorite games all happen to have really great soundtracks.
Coincidence? I think not!
"Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy."

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BenSeidel »

I bought the soundtrack just so that I could play without those long pauses between tracks.

SlondoTK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SlondoTK »

BenSeidel wrote:I bought the soundtrack just so that I could play without those long pauses between tracks.
I also bought this package of songs, but he only provided me the download of the same songs that were already in the game, I feel that I was deceived! because new songs .. only in my dream, the game is also made of his soundtrack, Outlast is there for example ..
Add more excellent songs and improve the transition and the waiting time to start a new audio track, factorio is incredible, I believe it can get better still, it just requires attitude. :ugeek:

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

SlondoTK wrote:
BenSeidel wrote:I bought the soundtrack just so that I could play without those long pauses between tracks.
I also bought this package of songs, but he only provided me the download of the same songs that were already in the game, I feel that I was deceived! because new songs .. only in my dream, the game is also made of his soundtrack, Outlast is there for example ..
Didn't you read the Steam store description?
Available in both mp3 and flac audio formats, this package contains all 24 tracks of in-game music, including the atmospheric world ambience tracks, as well as 2 bonus tracks used in the game trailers.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”