Highlighting overlapping objects (migrated game saves)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

taschana
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Highlighting overlapping objects (migrated game saves)

Post by taschana »

TL;DR
Overlapping objects (resulting from migrating one of your games to another (newer) version) should be highlighted in order to be visible and fixable to the player.

What ?
Hello,
I've updated from the last stable version 0.14.?? to 0.15.23 and love the update. Nevertheless, I've experienced problems, as (for example) pumps and <ovens used to head water for steam engines> have increased in (tile-)size and thus have created invisible blockages and problems in the designs. These problems have often been revealed much later through production problems, as (f.e.) tanks have been creating a buffer which suggested "the designs are still working" while actually they were working off the buffer storage.

I suggest that there is a highlighting feature for overlapping objects (which should only be able to occur after opening a design in another version).
Also, a warning (like "missing materials for construction" or "object destroyed") would be great, as there would be a mark on the mini-map as well.
Why ?
People who have changed version could easily spot objects hidden underneath other objects/overlapping objects and thus correct their designs easily and quickly after migrating to the other factorio version.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”