Idea: combined red-blue-print

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

trqwe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Idea: combined red-blue-print

Post by trqwe »

Often times, I just want to move a huge chunk of a factory. So I first use the blue to copy it, open inventory, switch to redprint and then delete it, then switch back to blue to paste it somewhere else. This gets tedious.

What I want is a "cut" operation, let's call it a greenprint. So I'll select a region, it'll temporarily fill the greenprint, which will then be a one time use "blueprint" in order to move a segment of my base around. This way I don't have to constantly open up my inventory.

Roxor128
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Idea: combined red-blue-print

Post by Roxor128 »

Perhaps it should be coloured purple instead of green? Klonan's Upgrade Builder and Planner uses green for its icon, so anyone who's already used it will associate green with upgrades. Purple would fit with the combination build/remove operation.

I do like the idea, though. You'd only need the one Move Planner in your inventory, given it would automatically wipe itself after use.

Maybe when using it, objects it will affect get purple arced arrows on them, which are then considered empty space as far as placing down the new ghosts are concerned. Once you click, the old stuff is marked for deconstruction and the ghosts for the new are placed.

deer_buster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by deer_buster »

I would so love this...I don't know how many times I have wanted to move something just a couple of tiles over even and the game gives me the middle finger....smh

Veklim
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Veklim »

Oh gods yes that would be lovely...might wanna rethink the insta-wipe thing though, I have no trouble shift-right clicking to scrub a bp between uses, it doesn't take up any significant effort or time, and you notice before use if you've forgotten to do it, but if you accidentally fail to hold shift and a lone tree somewhere decides to take the place of a single but vital inserter you may take some time to realise the whole factory is asleep because you're not inserting satellites into rockets any more (arbitrary example but you get the gist). I'd rather the purpleprint (lol) not auto wipe after use for this reason, but otherwise, hells yes, gimme some purple printing love devs :D

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”