Suggest UI button to hide robots and prevent mining them

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

marcoevich
Inserter
Inserter

Suggest UI button to hide robots and prevent mining them

Post by marcoevich »

Hi all,

There are parts of my base which have a lot of robots flying around. I frequently mine them accidentally, or they just distract and prevent me from seeing what I want to see.

I suggest adding some UI button which allows to hide robots from view and prevent me from mining them.

Example:
20170624165802_1.jpg
20170624165802_1.jpg (1.15 MiB) Viewed 4040 times

blizgerg
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Suggest UI button to hide robots and prevent mining them

Post by blizgerg »

OOoh, I like this idea +1

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

+1
That feature alone is why i was using small fixes and picker extended.

Picking robots out of the sky also is very common cheat to recharge them.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

I also have the problem that I frequently mine drones by accident. Therefore, I am in favor of a fix of some kind, such as the suggestion of the original poster.

golfmiketango
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by golfmiketango »

I kind of see this like belts moving the player. It's inconvenient but amusing and sensible game behavior.

Not saying I'm against this idea. It would be pretty sweet actually.

With ridiculous cheater power armor, plucking personal robots from the air rather than letting them charge really saves time. They can take /forever/ to sort themselves out once your personal construction bot area/count gets large enough... in general crazy mega- robot anything starts to cause a lot of silly stuff: needing almost 50% of available tiles to be occupied by roboports, darkening the skies with impenetrable clouds of robots, and constant, unavoidable accidental mining of robots in transit (thank god for autotrash or this would be much less tolerable). A lot of this makes perfect sense, but can become pretty frustrating.

Zool
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zool »

+1

But first of all, I ask myself why we need to be able to grab robots out of the sky at all??? There may be a very rare occassion now & then, where you want something like that, but most of the time, you'd never even concider this. Usually, you'd just just grab them out of a roboport.

(Btw, if you grab a bot out of the sky, does it really get reloaded "for free" as Optera claims? If yes, it should at least remove the required energy from your armor.)

marcoevich
Inserter
Inserter

Post by marcoevich »

Zool wrote:+1

But first of all, I ask myself why we need to be able to grab robots out of the sky at all??? There may be a very rare occassion now & then, where you want something like that, but most of the time, you'd never even concider this. Usually, you'd just just grab them out of a roboport.
I've seen many people on youtube grabbing robots out of the sky, seems to be faster then letting them recharge.

Good to see that there are more folks hoping for this feature :) Does anyone know of a mod or something that already implements this?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Added to posting.php?mode=edit&f=80&p=119087 Information-Layers (for map and/or normal view)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

nljr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nljr »

Zool wrote: (Btw, if you grab a bot out of the sky, does it really get reloaded "for free" as Optera claims? If yes, it should at least remove the required energy from your armor.)
Absolutely. I made a post here a while back about it, and it was flagged as a duplicate, so it's a well-known exploit. Mining robots for your personal roboport instantly recharges them. This is damn useful if you don't want to mess around with lots of solar and batteries, but don't have the fusion generator yet. Your personal robots will try to charge, but never succeed. You can just right-click to recharge them instantly.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

I would personally vote for removing the ability to mine bots at all but fix personal power generation as well.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”