Suggestion for Parallel World

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

MAup
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Suggestion for Parallel World

Post by MAup »

TL;DR
I will be suggesting a parallel underground world, a new layer of the world as it is.

What ?
My suggestion is to have a parallel world, underground to be explored.
An underground world, where there may be grottos, infested with aliens, new ones and existing, and also more resources.
Drills may be needed to make new tunnels, and above ground passages.
Explosives will have new means of clearing a cave out, and landfill to cover up a cave entrance or tunnel.

Why ?
This will add a whole new aspect to factorio, not put it on a new path, but expand it vastly.
Giving the ability to create more flexible constructions, and have a new world to explore.
A lot of things we create already, will be of great valuable, like lamps or explosives.

I want to keep this suggestion short, and if someone have similar ideas, or this gives you new ideas, you are very well welcome to discuss this topic here.

MAup
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Suggestion for Parallel World

Post by MAup »

Ah, not at all, more like an underground view of the top world, where various underground configurations can be made for various things like underground belts, but also have trains go underground.
Together with an element of having a proper defence for your underground advances in terms of spelunking into the depths of the alien planet.
Perhaps in a way however, where another layer of world could be added later on, and finally take advantage of the energy of the planets core for electricity or other technologies.

AntiBlueQuirk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AntiBlueQuirk »

MAup wrote:[...] but also have trains go underground.
Actually, the idea of having trains go underground is rather compelling. There would be lots of things you could do with it, and I'm sure I've seen suggestions for subways and underground train tunnels around here recently.

MAup
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MAup »

AntiBlueQuirk wrote:
Actually, the idea of having trains go underground is rather compelling. There would be lots of things you could do with it, and I'm sure I've seen suggestions for subways and underground train tunnels around here recently.
Ah yes, however this would just be a biproduct of the whole concept of an underground world.
The posibilities are just limited by ones imagination of what you can find underground!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=24090 Collection of End-Game-Ideas / Enhancing Endgame
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

MAup wrote:
AntiBlueQuirk wrote:
Ah yes, however this would just be a biproduct of the whole concept of an underground world.
The posibilities are just limited by ones imagination of what you can find underground!
Many people have suggested train tunnels and bridges before, but I've heard we won't have them due to some complications. Of course, some of this would be alleviated by having an entire underground... but that would make the game a bit too complex, in my opinion. There would be tons of little things that would have to be solved: how do you transfer materials between layers? Can belts go underground and stay there, effectively making underground belt length infinite? How do bots move between layers? And so on.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”