Vehicle Transport Flatbed/Trailer car

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Ripshaft
Inserter
Inserter

Vehicle Transport Flatbed/Trailer car

Post by Ripshaft »

Suggestion:

A train wagon variant that is made to hold a car or tank for the purposes of transport.

Example to clarify idea:
I picture something along the line of:
drive up to transport flatbed in vehicle
it automatically detects vehicle proximity and lowers/unfolds unidirectional loading ramps, target boundaries the vehicle must be parked in are clearly marked.
Drive onto the flatbed and orient it such that it fits in the boundaries.
Exit vehicle, move away from flatbed.
Ramps go back in/fold up (it could be a covered trailer that unfolds - easy way to avoid attaching the vehicle entity to the train) - now it's good to go!

Reasoning:

The purpose is to transport a vehicle using the train network, as trains are much faster and require much less player engagement for the sole purpose of travel.

On large game areas (which are especially a factor in marathon mode!), navigating long distances in the tank especially is one hell of a trek and not especially engaging. Train is the only good way to go. Even a train ride from some of my current outer active areas to the central manufactories probably takes a good minute or so by train... you can imagine how much worse it is by tank lol

Additional rambling:

You could obviously deconstruct the tank but this is extremely gamey. I'd really like to see a general fleshing out of the vehicular system such that manual construction and deconstruction of at least the car and tank is no longer possible, and greater investment in them is a factor...

I also find myself often dreaming of a mod for the tank that has it transform to use train wheels when it's on a track, allowing it to use the train networks for rapid trans... and the general aesthetic of the tank seems to scream it should have that kind of functionality... but all that's a different suggestion.

Ripshaft
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Vehicle Transport Flatbed/Trailer car

Post by Ripshaft »

Supercheese wrote:Got you covered: viewtopic.php?f=93&t=31489
That's awesome, thanks - though I expect it could be implemented more swakily if done by the devs... sweet stylized design and ramps would be so very nice as well =)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Vehicle Transport Flatbed/Trailer car

Post by ssilk »

See also
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Superche ... le%20Wagon
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=17734 New types of vehicles (train, tank, car, plane, ship...)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”