map-view-construction with chest-network inventory

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Sneaker2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

map-view-construction with chest-network inventory

Post by Sneaker2 »

TL;DR
construction via map view needs to give the player an overview of items in the chest-network

What ?
I often run into the problem that I'd like to place single items manually via map-view and I can only place things which are in my inventory. It often happens, that I place items via robot-network, which are in my inventory and in the chest-network, yet I also have items which I wish I could just select from the chest-network, since I dont place them manually anymore and thus dont need them in my inventory anymore. This is annoying, since I usually dont need train-signals in my inventory, but I need at least 1 of each of them to be able to construct them via map-view, because I would not have the icon in my inventory otherwise.
Factorio mapview item-select proposal 11062017.png
Factorio mapview item-select proposal 11062017.png (4.03 MiB) Viewed 1217 times
Why ?
This would be useful since I would not need to keep slots free for just 1 item, so I can just select and place it in map-construction-view. This would make the map-view building option even more useful as it already is, because I can also check via map-view, which items are ready for grab in the robot-network.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: map-view-construction with chest-network inventory

Post by ssilk »

Hm, this is quite related to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=20566 Changes for the Personal Roboport
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Veklim
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: map-view-construction with chest-network inventory

Post by Veklim »

I actually got around that particular problem by using blueprints of the objects I no longer wished to carry, got a whole book of single item blueprints for that purpose!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”