Friends and Alien-Slaves

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

orbito
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Friends and Alien-Slaves

Post by orbito »

I had the idea that maybe the aliens use their own slave labor force to help collect resources for their bases. Maybe if you free the "alien slaves" they will follow you to your base and speed up production in exchange for one fish per ex-slave. This way maybe you could discover that certain aliens can become your friends. And you could speed up production without needing more electricity.

This idea of good and bad aliens might not fit the game. But I personally think it could make the world more dynamic and give some personality to the alien culture. Players want interesting interactions with the life on this new world. Diplomacy of some kind would be interesting. If not involving slavery than perhaps a civil war between two alien factions, one of which will accept your help.

Note: I'm kind of tired, so this could be a ridiculous idea. Does anyone have feedback or suggestions?

Boneslayer2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Friends and Alien-Slaves

Post by Boneslayer2 »

Sounds like a cool idea to make a mod. I think it could be achieved by "capturing" it and putting it in an assembly machine with fish to create a new creature that acts similar to a beacon with speed modules

Nich
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nich »

Very interesting and I really like it but not sure it fits in the the base game. Definitely fits for people who want to play a more low pollution peaceful diplomatic experience. Mod I would play for sure.

Rather then buying them with fish i think they would require housing, food and continual liberation of the brediterian or the will end up leaving

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

if you want to play around with friendly aliens/spawners you can spawn them with 'creative mode' mod.
alien.spawner.png
alien.spawner.png (286.58 KiB) Viewed 2936 times
pretty funny to watch them duke it out. :lol:
WARNING! creative mode mod is extremely overpowered and will ruin gameplay if abused.
you have been warned. :ugeek:

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”