[0.15] Signal Sort Order unreadable

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

evopwr
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.15] Signal Sort Order unreadable

Post by evopwr »

Can you please change the way the Circuit Network Signals are sorted? Even just alphabetically. (obviously user preference/configurable would be nice, but i'll take anything atm!)

My signals are measuring ~20 "core" chests/tanks (science, fluids, belts, modules, etc), and a lot of them are buffered to 1k. But as one item gets used from a chest, and becomes 999 for a split second, before its topped up, it causes it to re-sort to a different location in the signal list.

Now imagine this with 12 signals all repositioning themselves 5 times per second. Its just an absolute blur of signals moving all over the show!
eg, If I want to see how many hi-tech science packs I have, I can't just hold my mouse over a connected electric pole, as the blur of signals re-sorting every game tick, is just impossible to read.

For now i've tried to buffer different values (1000, 1050, 1100, 1150, 1200, etc), but even that still causes a lot of re-sorting taking place when things are under heavy load, and it does seem a bit of a hacky solution to this problem.

Thankyou so much for your awesome work!

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.15] Signal Sort Order unreadable

Post by JohnyDL »

The sort order is sorted by quantity first and then order of arrival at that quantity I think if not it's quantity then the order it appears in the crafting menu, so logistics, then production then intermediates and finally military (and the sub orders internally)

There is an order it's just not very clear, if you want a prefered order you might have to give up the round numbers

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.15] Signal Sort Order unreadable

Post by ssilk »

I agree, that is somethings that annoys me too, together with the fact that I miss number of decimals.

The position in display should not change each tick and especially not, when hovered. Some indicator can be displayed to tell "this item is not longer in the right order"...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”