Expanded Hover Data in Production

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Expanded Hover Data in Production

Post by Shokubai »

Purpose:
Add granularity to the information being displayed on the Production window to better understand the factories capabilities.

Description
By adding information on hover to this screen it would be easy to judge not only my output but my potential output based one what I have built. Especially on larger bases this would go a long way towards creating efficient systems and troubleshooting bottlenecks.
hover.png
hover.png (306.25 KiB) Viewed 1875 times
Expantion
The idea has merit with the power system too. Such a hover window on power could break out what types of objects where using the most power. Instead of seeing that i have 200 assemblers using power I could now see i have 40 red circuit assemblers using x power, 80 green circuit assemblers, 400 mining drills, etc...

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Expanded Hover Data in Production

Post by JohnyDL »

likey +1

although this might get far more tricky/complex with beaconing it'd certainly be an awesome addition (or mod)

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

JohnyDL wrote:likey +1

although this might get far more tricky/complex with beaconing it'd certainly be an awesome addition (or mod)
I think there is definitely a middle ground for "enough" information without getting too far into the weeds for sure.

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

This is a very good idea! It'll fit good with my 3 decimal demands xD
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JohnyDL »

Shokubai wrote:
JohnyDL wrote:likey +1

I think there is definitely a middle ground for "enough" information without getting too far into the weeds for sure.
I wasn't thinking displaying that I was thinking coding for that. If it's purely count the number of assemblers making a thing and multiply that's a piece of cake I could probably do that in a heartbeat but a pure count isn't enough each and every assembler needs to report its actual maximum production value it doesn't at all take into account whether you can output it (you might have the setup to use 2 full lanes of iron to make 1 full lane of gears but you then added speed and efficiency modules and you have 1.4 lanes but the .4 has nowhere to go) and so on. A one number display might have 1000 variables behind it that you don't have to consider but the person writing the code does.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”