Steam powered Achievement (No Solar in 0.15)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Steam powered Achievement (No Solar in 0.15)

Post by JohnyDL »

TL;DR
No solar isn't a problem in 0.15 with the extra power option, so maybe change the achievement

What ?
I'm not supposing that we should get rid of the achievement but change it rather than calling it "No Solar" Something like Steam Powered or my favourite "Clockwork Rocket" would allow you to change the definition, rather than the achievement be about not using solar power it's about using only the weakest power option.
Why ?
When you think about it, In 0.14 this would have absolutely zero difference (unless you're playing with mods), it makes no difference because there were only 2 options "not using X" was equivalent to "only use Y" but my guess considering Logistics embargo and the No laser turrets achievements it's much easier to code 'not this' than only that and so that's what they were thinking about when naming it. With this change/addition the intended challenge is returned to the achievement rather than bypassed, it is 100% a strategy to not ramp up power until you have uranium processed so No solar has become trivial. So the current achievement should be at least copied to to the new one or 100% replaced with this one, No Solar could still be a legacy achievement in the game people can keep on steam for bragging rights "I did this in 0.14" but as continuing achievement but I don't think that's necessary

AileTheAlien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Steam powered Achievement (No Solar in 0.15)

Post by AileTheAlien »

Agreed. The original choice was to use dirty power instead of solar, to get the achievement, but now there is another clean option besides solar.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”