worms spawn next to turrets and destroy them

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

aar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

worms spawn next to turrets and destroy them

Post by aar »

Hello! :)

lately I've been playing my big vanilla map on .15 after taking a break during .13. I've noticed that the aliens spawn REALLY MUCH MORE closer to my turrets(of which there are 6000) than before, so close in fact that spawned worms will destroy my lasers without the lasers being able to fire due to them being out of range. Not only that, but now the turrets are constantly under attack.

I'm not sure how to handle this, are we supposed to baby sit all 6000 now? I don't know how some alien spit can go farther than a laser. Also, I used to be able to plant radars in cleared areas to prevent them from spawning, now they just kind of sneak around and plop a new base right next to it. I thought it made sense that radars would make it harder for them to spawn.

So please consider making it so that they don't spawn so close! Thanks for the really fun game :)

Also will accept suggestions on how to cope with the aliens now in .15 thanks

XeroOl
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: worms spawn next to turrets and destroy them

Post by XeroOl »

Can confirm. Here's an image of a newly spawned worm shooting at my pre-existing base. I am playing in 0.15.33 with no mods.

golfmiketango
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by golfmiketango »

Have you tried politely explaining to them that this is poor sportsmanship? If that doesn't help, I suggest calling a time-out and bringing this to the attention of the spawners.

-gmt

P.S.: bullet-firing turrets have a larger range than laser-firing turrets. I'm pretty sure the napalm turrets have a considerably bigger range than both.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

aar wrote:Also, I used to be able to plant radars in cleared areas to prevent them from spawning, now they just kind of sneak around and plop a new base right next to it. I thought it made sense that radars would make it harder for them to spawn.
In 0.15, the minimum distance from any building/entity for aliens to create a new base has been dramatically reduced. The biters on their way to expand just have to find themselves a route to get to a place to be able to build a base. But I admit I have never seen aliens settling at the exact distance that's just out of reach of your lasers, but close enough for their worms to down your turrets.
Maybe it's expected behaviour to encourage you using flamethrower turrets ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

Well, with map zoom of 0.15 you have almost rts-like possibilities with dealing with that.
You already have the roboports there, and, I believe, a supply of spare laser turrets (otherwise the setup like that would be a rather silly idea).
Just ghost-place a few turrets a bit closer to enemies and watch your automated defenses solve the problem (almost) automatically.
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”