Fast entity transfer - remember quantity

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

mp0011
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Fast entity transfer - remember quantity

Post by mp0011 »

TL;DR
Quantity on fast transfer should not change back to full stack.
What ?
I have 40 turrets and 1000 clips. I want to insert 25 clips to each. So, I split 200 clips to 2x100, then 100 to 2x50, then 50 to 2x25. I try to insert 25 pieces to the 1st turret with ctrl. 25 clips are transfered, but I have 200 clips under cursor, and clips stacks in my inventory are merged.

I expect, that after I insert first stack of 25 clips, next 25 pieces are taken from inventory "to the cursor" and goes to 2nd turret, and so on...
Why ?
Now I must open each turret one by one to insert less than full stack...

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Fast entity transfer - remember quantity

Post by ssilk »

Build a belt and inserters and a chest at the beginning of the belts (or a magazine factory) and automate this stupid filling. Factorio is about automation and not about repetition.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

mp0011
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mp0011 »

It was just example... There just are situations, when You need to fill few chests, dozen of turrets, some boilers just run out of coal, early game furnaces, etc., or building whole infrastructure is pointless to do it once in a game.

Also, messing in my inventory (merging stacks when I don't want to) should not happen.

I don't think it's very hard implement... Just don't "clean up" inventory (there is an option in settings, but it doesn't work here), and pull the same amount as last time.

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BenSeidel »

Added feature:
while holding a stack of items in your hands, be able to use the mouse scroll wheel to change the "held" stack size.
Pick up a stack of 50, pull the scroll wheel back until you are holding 5 items, place 5 items in things until you are out of them/clear your hand.

Anyone
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anyone »

Would be a nice QoL feature. I thought this was bugged to be honest.

Azzinoth
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Azzinoth »

BenSeidel wrote:Added feature:
while holding a stack of items in your hands, be able to use the mouse scroll wheel to change the "held" stack size.
Pick up a stack of 50, pull the scroll wheel back until you are holding 5 items, place 5 items in things until you are out of them/clear your hand.
I like this part especially, because it solves the problem of how to split stacks in an easy way. But the control should be shift+mouse wheel, so that it doesnt conflict with zooming.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”