Manual Setup of Train Number / Value

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Shaymes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Manual Setup of Train Number / Value

Post by Shaymes »

the reason for it that i can use the same train number so different trains and maybe group them up for logic circuits
Mining Drill Operator

DemiPixel
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Manual Setup of Train Number / Value

Post by DemiPixel »

I'm not sure what the purpose is? You can save the ID of specific trains, but usually all trains going to a specific station are all of the same "type".

Shaymes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shaymes »

with the 0.15.11 update you can read the trannumber from a trainstation and if i can setup the numer manual i can say no1 all my ore trains 2 all my fluid trains etc
Mining Drill Operator

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

This has already been suggested in the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=46969 Constant Combinator for Locomotive

Shaymes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shaymes »

i want to bring this post back, i like that we can read the train id, but i realy need to set the trainnumber in the train menu, the reason for that is that i can make train lines for the circut network, atm i have to make an array in a constant combinator to get train 4,7,22,103 are the same ore trains, it will be much easier for the network to say all 4 trains have id 1

so i can say my network

if (ID==1) then
{
load Requesterchest = IronOre/Chestcount
} elseif (ID==2)
{
load Requesterchest = CopperOre/Chestcount
{ esle
{
load Requesterchest = Trash
}

much easier with an array or OR combinations

*edit* maybe someone know a lua command to set train id?
Mining Drill Operator

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Shaymes wrote:*edit* maybe someone know a lua command to set train id?
I believe LUA train IDs must be unique. Therefore, what you propose cannot be done with LUA train IDs.

In my opinion, it would be best to have the internal LUA train ID have nothing to do with the in-game Train ID circuit signal. This has already been suggested in the thread which I linked to in my previous post.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

I do not see any use from modifying train ID. This is a unique identifier and the game manages that quite fine.

However we might want to add something else to identify trains and as mentioned above train signal (built in constant combinator) which is not unique and would be readable by train stop - is an ideal solution to this.

Wackerstamfer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wackerstamfer »

PacifyerGrey wrote:I do not see any use from modifying train ID. This is a unique identifier and the game manages that quite fine.

However we might want to add something else to identify trains and as mentioned above train signal (built in constant combinator) which is not unique and would be readable by train stop - is an ideal solution to this.
I really do not use the Train id Value itself, just that it is not zero to identify that a train is there.
If this value could be set, (1==iron ore train , 2== copper ore train.. etc) then for instance requester chest filters could be set based on the train that enters the station. Without the need to store all the different train ID's for all trains to check what needs to be loaded.

This can be handy if your train needs to pick up a mix of items

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”