Atomic Bomb

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

JinGej
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Atomic Bomb

Post by JinGej »

the atomic bomb is too unrealistic, too easy, it should create a fallout that goes with the wind and should hurt players (and maybe aliens), create pollution, ignite fires around and the area where detonated should hurt also for a while

J

malfunctionm1ke
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Atomic Bomb

Post by malfunctionm1ke »

Thats partially because the "atomic bomb" is not a an atomic bomb as you might know it.

It is actually more like a FatMan from Fallout or like a M28 Davy Crockett https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Croc ... ar_device)

I think the ingame "atomic bomb" is just badly named and the research icon displaying a mushroom-cloud makes the player think he is building a doomsday-weapon.

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aober93 »

malfunctionm1ke wrote:Thats partially because the "atomic bomb" is not a an atomic bomb as you might know it.

It is actually more like a FatMan from Fallout or like a M28 Davy Crockett https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Croc ... ar_device)

I think the ingame "atomic bomb" is just badly named and the research icon displaying a mushroom-cloud makes the player think he is building a doomsday-weapon.
wow you are being serious here..

next you think this is an actual bomb, instead of pixels. :D

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

It would be nice if the explosion tapered a bit, so that I wouldn't be killed by being an inch too close. The total radius could be increased even further, but the deadly zone could be smaller.

Ingolifs
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ingolifs »

Tactical nuke may be a more apt name for it.

redlabel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by redlabel »

I agree that the nuclear bomb name is not that appropriate for it. It is no more than a novelty really in my opinion.. Considering how much it costs to research.

I posted somewhere that it would be nice to have a SILO launched nuclear bomb that hits where you want and creates an area of devastation x5/x10 times larger then the current "bomb". Agree that Tactical Nuke might be a better name for it.
✧COMFY FACTORIO✧ - Home of Biter Battles, Fish Defense, Chronotrain.. And More!

saturn7
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by saturn7 »

The factorio character is obviously immune to radiation, as he can carry around nuclear waste without problems. Aliens are probably immune too, so they don't care about atomic bombs as much as for example about flame throwers burning their precious forests.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”