Many Suggestions (didn't want to make many single threads)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

plyspomitox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Many Suggestions (didn't want to make many single threads)

Post by plyspomitox »

First I have to say, I really like the game, I just discovered it some days ago through a video from xisuma and haven't played anything else since then.
You're doing a great job, especially considering this is only the alpha.

I have some ideas for the game that I'd like to be discussed. Maybe there are some that you haven't already considered yourself. Maybe you already have come to a negative opinion about those.

* Terraforming:
** Pumping water away/Putting sand in water
** Bridges
** Build Walls/Hills
** Manual Terraforming "by Hand" or simple Tools / Automated Terraforming by drones or other machines

* Ships, Water-creatures

*Togglable GUI-related:
** Pause if inventory/research action... atm the Pause that happens when a research is over is irritating though it is not happening while doing stuff in the inventory
** If you build something that has pre-requirements that have to be built first. If you get them in the meantime, cancel these pre-requierement-buildings automatically
** assembling-machines, furnaces and mines shall tell how often they don't meet there requirements: i.e. if an assembling machine always waits for some gearwheels for some seconds it might blink showing gearwheels
or if mines have no space in front of them they should tell
** tag certain places with information/ names or pictures (i.e. to know what should be carried on a belt/what ressources have been somewhere, one tends to forget that and then a ress-requirement needs to be met through new mines)

* furnaces that can smelt multiple items at a time
* inserters that can take more than one item at a time
I think if logistic bots are able to be upgraded to carry more, why shouldn't other transport-systems do that? :)

* set-machines that can put buildings themself or can be programmed to set a certain amount of buildings in front of them i.e. build a belt line
important i.e. to automatically set logistic-drones when they are built
I really like the idea of blueprints that you already consider

* better ways to automatically/faster remove many buildings with one move
** and to remove i.e. a certain amount of logistic bots and put them in the inventory

* Corrosion
* non-integer resources (which might be needed for repairing)
* Repair-Storage and Repairdrones for automatic repair

Heinrich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Many Suggestions (didn't want to make many single thread

Post by Heinrich »

I like that terraforming aspect, it could be usable to prevent. creeper attacks. It should be very expensive to do however.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Many Suggestions (didn't want to make many single thread

Post by MF- »

Such condensated suggestions make it really hard to respond.

@ water.
Yes, we should be allowed to play with water.
And impassable terrain could be mountains instead.

@ prerequirements - if the intermediate products have already been built, they have. You can't undo a recipe.
Don't complain that you have the comfort of automatic recipe queueing and dependencies.

@ assembling machines & prerequisites.
They do indicate that by stopping. If they flashed the error, they would be too much flashing on my usual setup.
Drills do indicate lack of space / resources by stopping. Why is that not enough?

@ tagging
==minecraft signs.. that could be useful for large setups, agreed.

@ smelting more at a time
Shoo, IC2 influence!
But I have nothing against intricate multi-block setups suggested on other threads

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”