[0.15] make temp. av. perf. etc available to circuit net

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.15] make temp. av. perf. etc available to circuit net

Post by factoriouzr »

Make stats like temperature, available performance, actual performance etc available to the circuit network for reactors, heat exchangers, steam turbines and other entities.

This would allow more cool possibilities, such as displaying stats on reactor efficiency, checking if the reactor is on, if it's the first time it's being started etc.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.15] make temp. av. perf. etc available to circuit net

Post by Tekky »

Half of what you suggest has already been suggested recently in the following threads:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=46947 Nuclear Reactor and Heat pipes connectable to circuit network
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=44980 Suggestion: Circuit Connection to Nuclear Reactor

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

Tekky wrote:Half of what you suggest has already been suggested recently in the following threads:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=46947 Nuclear Reactor and Heat pipes connectable to circuit network
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=44980 Suggestion: Circuit Connection to Nuclear Reactor
Thanks, but the nuclear reactor one is another issue, so I thought I would post one for this functionality so it doesn't get lost.

The other one only suggests temperature as something to add, but that part is the same.

Factoruser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factoruser »

A temperature signal would have to consist of two hidden signals/values: one with the sum of temperature values, and one with the count of temperature sources, of which the visible mean value gets calculated. Normally, each value from a signal source is just added up with the value of the same signal from other sources. This won't be good when dealing with temperatures. And of course neither with performance values and such.

I don't think performance signals make much sense. Only for alerting that your energy supply is insufficient, but for this, you don't need a circuit...

jokoon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Make temperature of turbines/heat exchangers readable by the circuit network

Post by jokoon »

It's currently difficult to feed a nuclear reactor with the right amount of nuclear fuel because of the temperature inertia, since players are left to watch the amount of steam, but temperature inertia makes steam irrelevant.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Make temperature of turbines/heat exchangers readable by the circuit network

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved to Ideas and Suggestions.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Make temperature of turbines/heat exchangers readable by the circuit network

Post by adam_bise »

I dont understand why you cant do this already. It is essential for accurate reactor control.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

I support making every entity readable by circuit network.
The more the better for creating a smart factory.
adam_bise wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:38 pm
I dont understand why you cant do this already. It is essential for accurate reactor control.
If you want to control reactors why not make those readable?
The should output their inventory, temperature and MJ of remaining fuel, like Inventory Sensor. ;)

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »