Short then incremental handcrafting time

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

kyletheinilater
Inserter
Inserter

Short then incremental handcrafting time

Post by kyletheinilater »

I think that the factorio crafting time should be everything take like .5 seconds BUT the more you craft by hand the slower it gets by hand say you craft 30 gears they take .5 seconds but by the end they take 1 second or something like that. Just a though, what do you think?

Pothrekr
Inserter
Inserter

Re: You know what I think..

Post by Pothrekr »

I believe core of the game is automation, recipes are balanced so early crafting by hand is feasible to allow for initial automation setups. Late game crafting is set up so that hand crafting is impractical to encourage automation as high up the tech tree as possible.Your suggestion seems to break the concept, and could easily be abused, to craft one item at a time and immediately craft the next at 0.5 seconds.

AndrewIRL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AndrewIRL »

Pothrekr wrote:I believe core of the game is automation, recipes are balanced so early crafting by hand is feasible to allow for initial automation setups. Late game crafting is set up so that hand crafting is impractical to encourage automation as high up the tech tree as possible.Your suggestion seems to break the concept, and could easily be abused, to craft one item at a time and immediately craft the next at 0.5 seconds.
I read his suggestion differently. I thought he was talking about a game lifetime counter. So your first 30 gears, for the entire game, are cheap but they get more and more expensive the more you craft.

Seems like he's aggressively pushing the player toward automation.

Pothrekr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pothrekr »

AndrewIRL wrote:
Pothrekr wrote:I believe core of the game is automation, recipes are balanced so early crafting by hand is feasible to allow for initial automation setups. Late game crafting is set up so that hand crafting is impractical to encourage automation as high up the tech tree as possible.Your suggestion seems to break the concept, and could easily be abused, to craft one item at a time and immediately craft the next at 0.5 seconds.
I read his suggestion differently. I thought he was talking about a game lifetime counter. So your first 30 gears, for the entire game, are cheap but they get more and more expensive the more you craft.

Seems like he's aggressively pushing the player toward automation.
I see what your saying, and potentially that could be correct. The example of 30 gears is what made me lean towards the handicap lasting only as long as the current crafting queue.

Additionally I would say that I don't understand the "why", what issue is this suggestion trying to resolve that is not dealt with elsewhere?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Short then incremental handcrafting time

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved to Ideas and Suggestions & changed clickbait topic subject
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

kyletheinilater
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kyletheinilater »

I was not really leaning towards EXTEAME automation push the 30 gears were just a suggestion but after craft xx amount of items, everything gets longer by .50 seconds or something.

redlabel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by redlabel »

You already have the Lazy Bastard achievement. I like hand crafting a lot and it gets complicated enough later on since you often have to craft intermediate products. There are enough incentives to make factories already.
✧COMFY FACTORIO✧ - Home of Biter Battles, Fish Defense, Chronotrain.. And More!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”