Keeping Settlers Happy (Fireworks, End Game)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

sciencemile
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Keeping Settlers Happy (Fireworks, End Game)

Post by sciencemile »

Assuming there is going to be Settler Management eventually, aside from keeping them Fed and Unbitten, maybe you have to keep them entertained too.

It just so happens to be Independence day in America and fireworks are a big party of celebrating the holiday (I don't and don't like to be around the fireworks personally because the smell makes me ill).

I've seen a few estimations that put the purchase of fireworks at 675 million dollars a year in America.

So an idea would be some Fireworks Display Turrets, which you would feed Fireworks into and they would use them up in order to keep the Colonists entertained.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Keeping Settlers Happy (Fireworks, End Game)

Post by ssilk »

Nice idea. Now where Germany is in the football world cup half final I add:
- cars with flags on each side driving around senseless and honking all the time.
- we need to produce a vuvuzela for every inhabitant. A vuvuzela needs minimum 10 bars of plastics for assembling, cause it is an extremely worthy, well sounding and melodic instrument.
- danger cause of all the smoke-polluting barbecues (Bratwurscht, Schweinekotelet and other vegetarian grilling): biters will search and find the grills and eat them. The grills, not the bratwurst, of course...

What a happy new world, where it is enough to make some firework to keep the people happy. :)
:)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

CreeperDaReeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CreeperDaReeper »

ssilk wrote:Nice idea. Now where Germany is in the football world cup half final I add:
- cars with flags on each side driving around senseless and honking all the time.
- we need to produce a vuvuzela for every inhabitant. A vuvuzela needs minimum 10 bars of plastics for assembling, cause it is an extremely worthy, well sounding and melodic instrument.
- danger cause of all the smoke-polluting barbecues (Bratwurscht, Schweinekotelet and other vegetarian grilling): biters will search and find the grills and eat them. The grills, not the bratwurst, of course...

What a happy new world, where it is enough to make some firework to keep the people happy. :)
Since when don't giant, loud, colored, fire explosions keep people happy? :twisted:

Shaymes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shaymes »

dont know why the ultimate entity have to be a 'rocket defense' i think a 'landing place' makes more sence and at the end game the space ship have to land :) and then a firework, home sweat home :lol: sure we need rocket shooting speed 5 only for the firework :lol:
Last edited by Shaymes on Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mining Drill Operator

Sander Buruma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sander Buruma »

CreeperDaReeper wrote:
ssilk wrote:Nice idea. Now where Germany is in the football world cup half final I add:

Since when don't giant, loud, colored, fire explosions keep people happy? :twisted:
eversince sin was introduced into the world
loud things should be banned, gimme peace and quiet!

sciencemile
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sciencemile »

When they start demanding more sophisticated forms of entertainment you can always build the Planetarium and hold Laser Shows ;)
--
How about aesthetic objects too. Nothing says "Slay the Xenos Filth!" like a Commemorative Victory Statue placed upon the visceral remains of yet another destroyed enemy base. Really boosts colony morale, I tells ya. They could even be named after Backers ;o.

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

to kill the fun it could be made into a practical item, like a flashbang turret.....
it could either stun or scare away the biters, place them over areas you don't have defence for but don't want the biters to go. they can't be perfect to prevent repulsor wall spam etc, but if they stun or scare the biters it could make it easier to defend using less turrets

sciencemile
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sciencemile »

In Tower Defense terms I guess those would be the Freezer-Turrets.

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

sciencemile wrote:In Tower Defense terms I guess those would be the Freezer-Turrets.
yea, but for freezer and stun turrets to not be OP they would have to have a reduced effect each time they hit a given target

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”