Tesla Tower

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DragonPox90210
Inserter
Inserter

Tesla Tower

Post by DragonPox90210 »

I think we need more way of killing creepers and so I suggest the Tesla tower: a small building the same size as a regular tower that will stun enemies that pass near it, but since its attack is an aoe attack it requires a cool down after usage. The creepers it attacks wont be stunned like most electrical turrets do, instead it would make them weaker when attacking due to muscle spasms. These Tesla towers become extremely deadly when used along side the steam tower I suggested previously because water conducts electricity (to make this less op, when it is used with the steam tower because the electricity travels along the water it travels to the steam turret disabling it for a few seconds- extremely implausible but hey what can you do?)\

And maybe when there's more enemies there can be enemies like an electrical being(it's sci-fi after all) that can absorb the electricity the Tesla tower gives off making the being stronger?

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Tesla Tower

Post by FreeER »

Would you really need to disable the steam turret to prevent OPness? Since the Tesla Tower would have a long cooldown (to recharge it's capacitor) it would be the same (except that the steam turret, assuming enough pumps, would be able to hold off the creepers until the tesla recharged).

Not a bad idea, though I'm assuming a player would not want to be around them when they go off...if you surrounded your factory/base with them you'd effectively be trapped inside until the wave ended :)
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

orbito
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by orbito »

FreeER wrote:Would you really need to disable the steam turret to prevent OPness?
I think Electricity makes a more deadly weapon than Steam, but there is no reason you couldn't have both.

In fact, there are lots of good turret ideas along these lines.

- A flame-throwing turret
- Tranquilizer dart turret
- Mind-altering gas turret (causes enemies to go insane)

Maybe we should merge all the turret ideas into one huge thread?

Pinkishu
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pinkishu »

orbito wrote:
FreeER wrote:Would you really need to disable the steam turret to prevent OPness?
Suicidally running up against gun turrets to get murdered by them isn't insane? :p

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

Pinkishu wrote:
orbito wrote:
Suicidally running up against gun turrets to get murdered by them isn't insane? :p
i think he means insane as in doing things they normally wouldn't, like attack their own or run around in circles etc

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”