Heavy lifter logistic bots

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

burner
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Heavy lifter logistic bots

Post by burner »

Again I speak perspective of CPU problems with factory what consume power over 5GW. My factory is not fully optimized yet to better cpu use but I clearly start seeing toll and problems what coming when I have converted all of modules from belts to bots.

It would be nice researchable tech to get heavy lifter ability for bots. It can be really expensive, example 1x all techs * 50 000 or even more. That tech gives logistic bots to capacity transfer full stacks. Its must be expensive so that it will not kill enjoy of building belts, building bot farms, optimizing distances etc. but its function reduce cpu use at giga factory when you otherwise need thousands of bots. Yes player should first optimize factory so that bots do not travel too long distances and use trains instead of them. But sill at some point factory come to situation where thousands or tens of thousands bots taking and inserting small stacks to boxes cause horrifying lag spikes and these heavy lifter bots will help that because you need much less of them.
So basically it is just extension for worker robot cargo size tech.

audigex
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Heavy lifter logistic bots

Post by audigex »

I think the concept of this is good, but that there's no need for extra types of robot... the infinite research for the robot stack bonus just needs to be more sensible, so that you can get to larger bonuses within a sensible time

burner
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Heavy lifter logistic bots

Post by burner »

Actually I did not mean different type of bot. Just name for research. But anyway it will work also if bot stack size is infinite research. Currently I use worker robot speed 11. Next level will cost 64 000 :) But with speed problem is that it will not reduce transaction count. It only reduce flying bots count. So that cause huge lag spikes when x^n bots start transfer things. So yes maybe just adding stack size to infinite research would be solution. I dont know what kind stack bonus problems players will get if they go too far with that size, but most probably it will not be problem as far you do not go over chest stack size

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”