Power Units

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Power Units

Post by Dakkanor »

basically a barrel of energy.

made with batteries steel copper and plastic (or something else idk) it could be a 1 item stack which has a charged and uncharged version, works besides a charging station which either charges at the cost of energy or discharges to produce it, instead of long power lines you ship these by rail (with maybe a solar panel to power the inserters to the charger) to your bases

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Power Units

Post by Ranakastrasz »

I think that altering Battery Modules such that they function outside of powered armor, and have the charger and discharger structure would work for this.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

So basically, you want an item that acts as a tiny accumulator. To be honest, I can't think of any practical use for it, the only advantage it has is not needing to build the power lines, but that doesn't matter anyway because you still need to put train rails or belts there (or transport the power cells manually, which would get tedious really quickly). Besides, if you want transportable energy between bases without the need of powerlines, wouldn't an accumulator wagon (like in this mod) be a better choice?
Ranakastrasz wrote:I think that altering Battery Modules such that they function outside of powered armor, and have the charger and discharger structure would work for this.
Eh, the power armor battery modules are way too expensive to be used industrially. Just compare the cost of normal solar panels and the power armor solar panels to see.

Shaymes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shaymes »

i tested already (make a mod) to create fusion cell, it was possible to make a empty fusion cell, and recharge it in an assabling mashine (empty cell + sience pack) but dont find a way to use them in armor or generator or an fusion cell accumulator,

dont know a way to get an empty cell if they are empty
Mining Drill Operator

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Sounds a bit like an attempt to abuse the fact belts don't consume electricity.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”