Different enemy Types (ranged, flyer)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Gemoron
Inserter
Inserter

Different enemy Types (ranged, flyer)

Post by Gemoron »

Current statatus:
There are currently 3 versions of one and the same enemy, the biter. He has different values in damage and defense in his 3 forms, but is more or less the same.

This might lead to an interesting defense situation in the earlier parts of the game, but it gets more annoying than exiting as have a lot of laser turrents.

Idea to solve that problem:
I suggest adding 2 types of enemies which appear after the big biter.

Biters can learn from worms how to attack at a distance, I call them "Spitter" from now on. Spitter evolve from small biters after the big biters are fully developed. Spitters have the ability to attack turrents and damage them at least slightly while the big Biters tank the turrent damage, giving the natives a way to siege the player more effectively. This results in pressure the player has to fight, and which he has to adjust to.
Spitters can also attack the players capsule robots and logistic robots, making the erazer-tactic less effective, where the player attacks with hundreds of destroyer capsules.

Another kind of biter could learn to fly.This "fly" can bypass walls and engage the turrents directly. The Fly is fast and has high melee damage, but can be squished easily... like a fly.

CreeperDaReeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Different enemy Types (ranged, flyer)

Post by CreeperDaReeper »

I can't edit the original thread currently to make it sound less stupid, but I'll fix that once we can.
Possible Biter Types and their Behaviours
Those are my thoughts.

ifnotthe2nd
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ifnotthe2nd »

How about a "swarm" bitter there was something like it in Diablo 2. It would require a area affect attack instead of the usual laser shot it would require something new or at least the flame turret, or poison capsule. For example the laser shot or bullet would only kill one of swarm thus not very effective. But a new laser pulse weapon or something would hit them all with damage killing them since they are small and weak individually. This would be balanced with the fact that these newish area attack weapons wouldn't be as powerful against the regular bitters.

https://diablo.gamepedia.com/Swarm_(Diablo_II)

Thales7
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Thales7 »

I suggest too a aquatic enemy that not advance besides some distance to water, the appear can be look like a fish (just a spot) when underwater and like a bitter when out water. It's very nice to see a aquatic worm emerging and attacking when someone use a landfill to build a fabric.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”