Thomas the Steam Turbine -.- (Sounddesign of Turbine...)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Sir_Darkside
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Thomas the Steam Turbine -.- (Sounddesign of Turbine...)

Post by Sir_Darkside »

Hello,

As a engineer myself I realy like machines and their sounds and so far factorio did a great job on the sound design. But it hurts my ears to hear a choo choo sound from the big turbine....please remove thomas the steam engine from the turbine and make it sound cool. And please add some cool slightly intimidating sound to the nuclear power core itself, i want to hear its power (like in Half Life or like the big power plant in M.A.X. in the 90s, that game had some nice sounds).

thanks for reading and no sorry for/if bad english.
Last edited by ssilk on Thu May 04, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed topic to fit subject better

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Thomas the Steam Turbine -.- (Sounddesign of Turbine...)

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

Oh, yes, I just realized the lame copied sound of the turbine... when I, playing w/o sound (headphones off :D), imagined the turbine sound and wanted to check. Quite disappointed I was.

Eeimermann
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Eeimermann »

It actually prevents me from playing Factorio. When I would build a nuclear power plant and then hear the cho cho sound from the steam turbines, it would make me crazy. This conflicts massively with the realistic game sound design of nearly all other buildings.
I'm absolutely in favor for new sounds for the nuclear power buildings. The artwork of these buildings is good by default but the sounds for them is still in Beta Version.

QGamer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by QGamer »

I think the turbine should use the electric furnace sound or something similar. Something low-pitched and powerful-sounding, since it's an endgame entity.
"Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy."

MoleOnDope
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MoleOnDope »

I have never thought about this... Gee thanks for bringing it up, now I won't be able to overhear it ever again :P

But seriously, OP is absolutely right. New sounds for Steam Turbines and possibly the reactor core? I'm all for it.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”