NonCom Ground Bots

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

GDS
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

NonCom Ground Bots

Post by GDS »

Id like to see a new breed of robots ground bots..

types of ground bots.

the scouter
modes auto scout, manual set and go, patrol path.

movement speed about the flying speed of a unimproved basic flying bot but must path around water and solid objects.
in auto mode it well attempt to path around bitters having the same viewing range as the player. it will attempt to return to a (Depot) if its health drops below 50% of course this may mean it bring back friends to the base so defend your (Depot).

in manual mode it will take the shortest path it can from point a to b then c d and so one. if it detects biters in its path it will pause for 10 secs sending a message requesting new path if nothing is done it well proceed and ignore its own safety and health

in patrol mode patrols between point a b c d it messages you if biters are spotted and breaks from patrol if health drops below 50% heads to nearest (Depot).

Requires at lest one (Depot) max range from any (Depot) in network is 40X40 before it must return for refueling. (PETROL) fuel source

Description Scouter looks like a motor bike small sleek fast and maneuverable unarmed holds 5 units of fuel and makes it last.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Light Transporter, Heavy Transporter.

Modes set route Point to point transport, open route Point to point transport

movement speed about 3/4s the flying speed of a unimproved basic flying bot but must path around water and solid objects.
It must have Road Network to travel on, they will run to nearest (Depot) if its attacked will not leave it till at 100% health.
set route Point to point transport the transport will much like trains be programed with stops and pick up or drop off cargo according the (Transport Depot's) set up

open route Point to point transport to be honest i have several theories on how this might work but at the moment i haven't worked out how it will work with out under mining a set route Point to point transport system if both should be done at the same time. so as of this point wile i like the ides of this i am not recommending this be set up YET.

Requires Road Network, and at lest 2 (Transport Depots)

Description Light Transporter a light truck range of 20x20 on 5 units of fuel (PETROL) cargo space of 4 slots. Heavy Transporter a semi truck range of 20x20 10 units of fuel (PETROL) cargo space of 10 slots.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Depot)

Mode. Provides Fuel (PETROL) and repairs to all ground bots

Requires Power, Fuel and repair packs.

Description Depot looks like any other gas station vehicle pulls in and its little robot attendant underpaid and over worked fuels repairs and checks the tier pressure before sending it on its way. holds 1 stack of repair packs and holds 1/4 storage tank worth of fuel delivered by barrel or pipe does need a output for empty barrels can take and load barrels onto trucks. or chests Range of network connection is 2 times that of a roboport
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Transport Depots)

Mode. Provides Fuel (PETROL) and repairs to all ground bots, Offloads or loads cargo onto trucks

Requires Power, Fuel and repair packs. cargo input or output storage points, Road Network

Description Depot looks like any other warehouse vehicle parks in the loading bay and it loaded/unloaded Gassed up and repaired before sending it on its way. holds 1 stack of repair packs and holds 1/2 storage tank worth of fuel delivered by barrel or pipe does need a output for empty barrels can take and load barrels onto trucks. or chests Range of network connection is 2 times that of a roboport
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Road Network

Requires concrete made with stone brick and steal

Description provides for one lane of traffic in each direction laid like transport belt but x2 wider and longer at the moment im leaning toward under passes for crossing other road paths but at some point like to see signals like trains have
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you see something i missed or over looked or a idea for improving anything in this please post it i look forward to the response, if you think you can make this into a mod by all means go for it and link it here i know id like to see it. Please constructive criticism if you don't like something why you dont like it is very helpful

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”