More Realistic inventory hardmode

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

n7m6e7
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

More Realistic inventory hardmode

Post by n7m6e7 »

Just something to go along with the "more expensive recipe" difficulty, A more realistic inventory that would promote automation even more

Simply assign a size and weight to each object in the game

Assign a maximum size and weight a player can hold (increased by power armor obviously)

Trick the system, by not displaying empty spaces in inventory, but allow max spaces.

Finally, anything too big by itself to be hauled by the player, must be placed in pieces, then built on the spot. (may take several trips, especially with steel, as the player may only have room for one at a time. )

Also, dismantling large objects would drop their recipe in items on the spot.

No more picking up and plopping down shed-sized objects haphazardly, you gotta plan ahead, and automate everything if you don't want to spend 20 minutes just delivering parts by hand. As a side-benefit, turret creeping will no longer be a viable strat.
There are no absolutes. I live knowing I could always be wrong, but with confidence that I could also be right.

Grossen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: More Realistic inventory hardmode

Post by Grossen »

I think such a mode could find its target audience for people that want more of a challenge and more realism when playing. This could also include, making a lot of objects craftable only in assembler, and disable picking up vehicles.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

Placing big items in pieces would be the hardest part of this to implement.

To avoid that headache, I might suggest instead that the player be able to be over-capacity by any single item, but not able to move in that situation. So you could craft (or remove from a chest) a single assembler or locomotive, but you would have to be placing it within reach of where you're standing.

LuziferSenpai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LuziferSenpai »

IS IN WORK!!!
Coding is awesome!
Animes are love!
Factorio is life!

My MODs:
Click

Greetz,