Train Fuel Scheduling Parameters

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Metalface7
Inserter
Inserter

Train Fuel Scheduling Parameters

Post by Metalface7 »

I'm working on a rail system that only has trains running when completely necessary, but I have one issue: if I want the trains to keep their fuel topped off, I either a) have to have fuel supplies at each station, or b) have the train make routine stops at fueling stations after each time it runs. While solution b would technically work, the system would work better if it were possible to add a wait condition based on the fuel count in the locomotives, so I can make smaller refueling stations without stalling them. my suggestion is that there should be a wait condition separate from the cargo condition to control train fuel levels.

EDIT: See third post. This post doesn't accurately describe the issue, and it is clarified below.
Last edited by Metalface7 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Train Fuel Wait condition

Post by Optera »

Add a very short 1s-5s inactivity condition.
It'll make trains wait until all inserters are done before leaving.

Metalface7
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Train Fuel Wait condition

Post by Metalface7 »

I guess what I would need isn't a "wait" condition, I either need the trains to not skip over circuit-disabled stations, or not go to a refuel station at all if the fuel doesn't drop below, say 50%. Right now it appears that there is no way for the locomotive's fuel count to be interacted with by the automatic scheduler.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”