CTRL+Left draging should be fixed to a single type

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

JoeWhizer
Inserter
Inserter

CTRL+Left draging should be fixed to a single type

Post by JoeWhizer »

Hey,

the idea is that once you initiate the transfer with CTRL+Leftclick the process should be fixed to that single type of item or bulding. (maybe with an option in the settings to enable/disable this)

It happens to me every now and then when I empty my furnaces and gather the iron plates, that I often hit also the burner miners and collect the coal.

Of course, you might say to improve my aim to prevent sliding off the furnaces. But it would be very nice to have such an option. :)

Thanks and cheers,
Joe

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: CTRL+Left draging should be fixed to a single type

Post by Tekky »

Yes, I am sure that this feature will be added, because similar features have already been added.

For example, when mining buildings that are on an ore patch, after the building is removed, you will not start mining the ore underneath, even if you continue holding the right mouse button. You will only be able to mine other buildings. If you want to mine the ore, you must lift the right mouse button and then press it again.

The same has also been implemented with mining train wagons/locomotives. After mining them, you will not start mining the train tracks, even if you continue to hold the right mouse button. If you want to do that, it will have to lift the right mouse button and press it again.

Therefore, it is logical that they will do something similar for inserting items into chests/furnaces, etc. Before 0.15 it was necessary to left click every single entity, while holding the CTRL key. However, after 0.15, it is sufficient to hold the left mouse button and then to move the cursor over the entities. It would be logical to add a limitation as described above, i.e. that it should be necessary to lift the mouse button and hold it again if you want to do a different kind of action, for example to extract items instead of inserting them.

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

Indeed, this needs to be limited to a single action. Another example is ctrl-dragging over furnaces to get rid of stacks of coal that keep ending up in your inventory, you start picking up plates instead when you dropped all the coal...

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Zeblote wrote:Indeed, this needs to be limited to a single action. Another example is ctrl-dragging over furnaces to get rid of stacks of coal that keep ending up in your inventory, you start picking up plates instead when you dropped all the coal...
Yes, that happens to me all the time. Also, I have similar problems with placing large amounts of science packs into labs. As soon as my cursor gets empty, I start removing science packs from labs instead of placing science packs into them. This is very annoying, because I then suddenly have 7 different types of science packs in my inventory, which I must clean up every time.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

I guess it would be best to require the user to lift the mouse button as soon as the item that he is holding in his hand gets used up, to prevent switching from insert mode to collect mode. If the user wants to switch to collect mode, all he must do is lift the mouse button and hold it again.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

I believe this has now been implemented in version 0.15.12. Thank you very much.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”