Labs should use the pack they pick up before passing them.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Tide
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Labs should use the pack they pick up before passing them.

Post by Tide »

Since Labs chained with inserters are becoming quite popular n 0.15 I thought I should bring up some behaviour that feels a little inefficient. As it is now, an inserter will grab a pack from a lab even if that lab can use the pack immediately. This causes a lag before the science actually gets started. It also stops interesting designs like circular chains, as the labs get stuck in a cycle of grab grab grab grab.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Labs should use the pack they pick up before passing them.

Post by DaveMcW »

Tide wrote:interesting designs like circular chains
Circular chains are possible, just use filter inserters to make make sure none of the packs does a complete loop.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Labs should use the pack they pick up before passing them.

Post by Rseding91 »

Tide wrote:Since Labs chained with inserters are becoming quite popular n 0.15 I thought I should bring up some behaviour that feels a little inefficient. As it is now, an inserter will grab a pack from a lab even if that lab can use the pack immediately. This causes a lag before the science actually gets started. It also stops interesting designs like circular chains, as the labs get stuck in a cycle of grab grab grab grab.
That's partially by design: it means it's not the end-all most efficient way to fill labs with packs.

Either you setup more belts to feed everything or you deal with the inefficiencies of them flowing through the labs.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”