0.15 Logistic GUI Naming

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

0.15 Logistic GUI Naming

Post by Mobius1 »

Can we have some sort of option to enable naming the logistic networks on the Logistic Network GUI? When we have lots of networks spread across the map is kinda hard to distinguish if Network #2 is our main base or some Outpost. If we could be able to give them an Alias would be perfect.

I apologize if I'm posting it on the wrong forum.

Thanks in advance, amazing update.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 0.15 Logistic GUI Naming

Post by daniel34 »

Moved to Ideas and Suggestions.

An interesting suggestion, but what should happen if you split/merge logistic networks? Maybe when split they could be named Main (1) and Main (2) and when combined just pick the name of the larger network. But that could get very confusing if you split/combine them several times.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

The game don't have to control the alias naming for you, it'll create the default names whenever a new logistic network is created and if the player "breaks" it, it'll be the default naming again, you're the one controling the alias naming.

For your 2 cases, I'd say:
- Splitting network named "Base": Network #2 and Network #3 becomes the new names or the network with the most "cells" keeps the alias convention and the other one becomes Network #2.

- Merging networks: New network becomes the first network. For example, you merge "Base" and "Outpost", the "Base" has more cells so the new name will be "Base"

if you split them after the accidental merging, they break into new names so you should be careful when building your networks.

One thing that I've noticed is the player network showing on the logistic network GUI, in a multiplayer game that wouldn't be ideal I think, it would show 1 new network for every player so it could either a) remove the player "network" from the GUI or b) put them in a separate category or tab on the GUI, that way things becomes clearer on the page.

hipandcurrent
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hipandcurrent »

Another option could be showing the names of the logistic networks in map view if you have the logistics networks shown on the map? Renaming them would be ideal, but anything that makes it more clear what "Network #3" means, would be super useful.

Saunis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Saunis »

Up!

This would still be nice feature.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”