Mining productivity research gain missing on mouseover info

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Mining productivity research gain missing on mouseover info

Post by malventano »

The addition of mining productivity research in 0.15 is great, but taking it from a laymen standpoint, actual usage within the game is a bit confusing. Here are a few observations:

- There is no simple way to tell the current bonus amount. Mousing over a productivity bonused (modules, beacons) mining drill, pumpjack, etc shows the percent bonuses from those other effects, yet the research related gains are missing. Someone trying to calculate the current productivity of a mining drill from the tooltip info will not get the correct result.

- Research item lists the bonus as 'Mining productivity', using the mining drill image, and with the bonus marked as 'Mining drill productivity bonus: +2%', but the bonus also appears to apply to Pumpjacks. Perhaps the wording/icon needs a tweak to be more clear that it covers all methods of resource extraction and is not just limited to mining drills?

Thoughts?
Allyn Malventano
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Mining productivity research gain missing on mouseover info

Post by Ranakastrasz »

I agree.

Also needs to show up in the Stat upgrade menu, if it doesn't already. I didn't see it there, but I might have just missed it.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by malventano »

Resurfacing this one as it's silly to view a mining drill that has no modules and no bonus indicated in mouseover info, yet when watching progress, I see a productivity bar running (due to the research related bonus). We really need this to show similar to the other bonuses. Same goes for lab bonuses - those should show their research related speed increase as well.
Allyn Malventano
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mendel »

Related to this. Let´s say I research 40 levels of mining productivity.

Is the end result like 2%*40=80% more productivity or is it more like 1.02^40 =~2.21 times the base productivity?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Mendel wrote:Related to this. Let´s say I research 40 levels of mining productivity.

Is the end result like 2%*40=80% more productivity or is it more like 1.02^40 =~2.21 times the base productivity?
It's 2%*40=80% productivity bonus, meaning for each 10 ore mined from the field you'll get 18 pieces of ore instead of 10.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mendel »

Thanks for clearing that up!

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by malventano »

Yay! This made it into 0.15.11 (but is a bit buggy still).
Allyn Malventano
---

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”